Recently I read a post on one of my friends blogs, I think it was this one or maybe it was her personal one, but either way it was a great post and it got me thinking. So here I go with my thoughts...
On her blog she had written that she once read the two most powerful words in our language were the words "I AM" I found it interesting because just that day I was doing my children's yoga program with the boys and one of the songs we listened to at the end of the session uses the words "I am..." several times throughout the song. The song goes something like this...
I am bountiful,
I am blissful,
I am beautiful in every way...
the tune is great and very catchy it goes on with the ending part being "I am fearless today." It's a great song that I like to play for my boys hoping they'll have the tune playing over and over again in their head. I think it can even be more powerful for a female.
Anyhow as I was thinking I thought, "if our thoughts are powerful enough to create our surroundings, than what am I thinking?" So I thought of a lot of positive and negative "I AM" statements. And I noticed I start a lot of sentences with the words "I am..."
For all two of my blog readers out there :) let's explore those "I am" statements.
First off, do we use these statements without evening thinking of the impact they are having on our lives...statements like...
I am fat, I am ugly, I am tired, I am broke, I am horrible, I am an idiot, I am sick, I am poor, I am not going to ever be able to do "x", I am not ever going to be as good as "her", I am a horrible wife, I am a bad mother, I am depressed, I am a bad person, I'm so dumb, you get the point. At one point or time in my life I've either heard all these statements, even if the person says it jokingly or I've used some of these statements myself.
Now what if all those "I am" statements turned into these:
I am beautiful, I am full of energy, I am happy, I am loving my life, I am loving the opportunities I have to grow in my life, I am providing for my family, I am smart, I am kind, I am loved, I am a great mother, I am a wonderful wife, I am worthy, I am worthy or happiness, I am worthy a income, I am worthy of "X"...again, you get the point.
So the question I have for myself is; "How do my sentences end when they start with the words "I AM"?
I think our words can be more powerful than we might ever comprehend. I won't let my outcome be controlled by my words.
4 comments:
Love this post. I needed it today! Thank you.
You have hit the nail on the head. We create our world and what we focus on we manifest. What a great post. Remember, Chirst said, "I Am".
Post a Comment