As I was showering today...before 3pm I might add (Not too much before this time but whose counting)it dawned on me that I'm almost six months pregnant. That's half a year! My body is defiantly changing and the little boy is a mover. I feel completely grateful for that. It gives me a sense of peace that he's growing healthy and strong. I noticed for the first time last night that I'm really starting to swell by the end of the day. I was a little irritated at first. Swelling hurts. It's unattractive and plain old not fun. Then I got more irritated at myself for being irritated. I reminded myself that this is all temporary and will go away. This is most likely the last time my body will swell because of a new life forming inside of me. I reminded myself to be grateful to be swelling for this reason. Other than swelling this pregnancy has been great. I'm thankful to still be able to devote 90-120 minutes six days a week to exercising, something I have asked the Lord to let me continue until the angle makes his debut. I sleep through the night, never waking for bathroom breaks. I have energy during the day to complete the tasks that are necessary, the list could go on and on.
It's true. The more I focus on the good aspects of life the more willing and able I am to handle the trials/learning experiences that pop up along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment