Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Before I forget...

I have to write these things down. Good memories and stories are the best in the later years.

Crate started nursery. I'm thankful for that, the YW are thankful for that and I'm sure the women in Relief Society who would take him for me are thankful for that too. I'll admit sometimes Sunday's were a little harry with YW's stuff, three boys-one not in nursery and no husband to help with child number three during YW time. Thank goodness for the kind ladies who found him so cute and would take him for me that last dreaded hour of church. We made it to the 18 month mark!! Hallelujah!

As of today Pops and the two older boys have felt their little brother kicking inside of me. I started feeling him flutter around the last 8 weeks but it's finally strong enough that you can feel him from the outside.

Oh, and Crate loves nursery...I forgot to mention that. No problem being in there for the two hours. Makes life great!

Two weeks of school left. I can't wait...which means I have two weeks of babysitting left before summer break! I think we're all ready for some lazy summer days.

Boss' math skills are beyond amazing, especially considering he has yet to step into a school class room. I'll be interested to see if he enjoys math as he gets older. He's got basic adding and subtracting down and now knows a large chunk of his times tables. I have Buster's homework to thank for that. Boss likes hanging out with Buster during homework time.

Last Saturday Pops was gone for about 12 hours so I decided it would be a perfect day to fly kites with the boys. I learned a valuable lesson. Dollar store kites are crap and not even worth the dollar spent. I envisioned a wonderful afternoon at the park with the boys flying kites...well when the kites broke on the first flight the afternoon turned out to be "not so wonderful."

Crate has discovered his love for bubbles. Dollar store bubbles are well worth it for an 18 month old.

OB says he's 150% confident it's a boy. No questions asked. I like that level of confidence, it makes planning easier.

I've had a tough time coming up with dinner ideas lately. Tonight dinner was a salad. Needless to say I had four unhappy males around here, I think one even said "where's the rest of dinner?" My reply was "this is it, be grateful." I can either blame it on pregnancy or spring fever. Maybe a combo of the two. Not good.

Did I mention before I LOVE summer?

This house needs to be brightened up...maybe some new pillows on the couch or something. Actually, I think I say that every spring.

I have lots of idea's floating around in my head of things I would like to do to the house. Ultimately, more than anything at this point of my life I'm more than thankful to have a roof over my head and if the inside is not changed for 10 years so be it. It's not the end of the world.

I braved the zoo with four kids and no spouse last week and amazingly it all went well. We're all alive.

Just found this cute site if you're interested... http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/

I think if it were up to me I'd take a month long family vacation in the summer. How fun would that be!

Our chairs continue to remain on top of the kitchen table, thanks to Crate. I'm confident one day they'll come down and no one will be climbing on them risking a broken arm. For now it always looks like I'm in the middle of cleaning my floors. I guarantee that does not happen nearly as often as it should. "Crunch, Crunch" is a normal sound around here when walking on the kitchen floors. I can't tell you the last time I walked in the kitchen barefoot. No joke, I always have something on to protect my feet from the crumbs.

OK, enough said. Time for bed.

No comments: