Monday, May 23, 2011

My goal today was to get the entire house cleaned with the help of the boys. I had to remind myself to be thankful for a home this size. It's good for our family, we have room to grow and it suits us well. I did think however that owning a smaller home would mean much less to clean and much less space for clutter to collect. I'm grateful my home isn't any bigger and I honestly hope to never have a bigger home unless I can afford to have someone come in and clean it on a regular basis.

My goal pretty much got accomplished. Just a few loads of laundry left and my bathroom is not cleaned. Other than that the boys room is clean and vacuumed, playroom is cleaned and vacuumed, kitchen is cleaned, bathrooms are cleaned, garbage is taken out, Crates room cleaned and vacuumed also and 85% of the laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away. Boss was a much bigger help than Buster today...not the usual but I really appreciated his efforts in wanting to help his mother and not complain about it. I'm not sure what the deal was with Buster, I guess it was one of those days for him.

Next on the list is the yard. Again...I couldn't imagine a bigger yard. We have a hard enough time keeping up with our postage stamp we call a back yard. One day I would love a plot of land, and a landscaper that comes along with it. :)

It was a busy week this past week. Swim lessons, cousins, no school the last few days. I have enjoyed only having one one-year-old during the day and so has my back. I'm hoping this summer doesn't pass to quickly. I like being a mother all day every day to my three boys. I really don't like sending them off to a teacher. However it is amazing how much they can learn in one day. I've already lost track of the date, That means summer is here.

So much lies ahead of us. I'm excited to start some new journey's this summer. I hope my family is excited also and I hope one of those summer journey's is organizing several drawers in the kitchen and possibly cleaning out the garage...that would be a major journey for us to embark on.

I have to say one more thing. Having the spirit with you makes all the difference. It's like being able to be happy and hopeful all the time. I am trying hard to always have the spirit abide in our home. It's been a tender few days and for that I am humble and grateful.

No comments: