I've decided I am giving up on my floors. I will keep them crumb free but when it comes to mopping, well...I just can't do it. My back can't take it and it's so time consuming and only looks nice for about 20 minutes. Maybe three hours if I'm really lucky. I wonder if I only had tile in the kitchen if I would be on top of it more but considering each time I mop it's the entire house minus the bedrooms, it's just A LOT of work. Pops doesn't have a problem doing it, it's finding the time to do it that makes it hard. I've seriously contemplated hiring on of the YW to come mop my floor each week. The thought is VERY tempting.
I've decided I won't be bothered by the spots on the floor and as long as I don't hear "crunch, crunch" every time I walk, I'll be happy. The floor will get mopped eventually but will no longer be a priority.
Ahhh, I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders. And if you come to my home...don't judge. Like I said I'll keep it crumb free, just not spot free.
2 comments:
I always have a small rag on the floor, so it drips of water from either washing hands or produce gets on the floor, I can wipe it up right then....I hope that helps:-)
good for you! i gave up too when i couldn't keep ellie from throwing her food over the side of her chair. it's less frustrating just spot mopping than thinking of having to do the whole thing. once my feet start sticking everywhere then i mop!
Post a Comment