Mothers Day was yesterday. It was a good day. I'll admit, since I have little kids I've never expected much...I am not Pops' mother so I don't expect much from him. I always think Mothers day will be more about me when my boys are older and understand the purpose of the day.
Well...I guess my kids are older now. And Pops did really well helping them make the day special. I received breakfast in bed, I slept in til 7:30am...which for me is really late. The boys were very obedient when getting ready for church. Pops had no meetings so he was home all morning and helped out big time. We actually drove to church together and sat together the whole time. When we got home Crate fell asleep so Pops laid him down and I mentioned to the boys I was going to lay down for a few minutes. Pops laid down with me and next thing I knew three hours had gone by! I was shocked. The older boys never came in once to ask for anything and Crate slept the entire time also. The boys were very kind to entertain themselves and get food themselves in that three hour block, not to mention no messes were left for me to clean up. I felt like a new woman when I woke up. I think Pops enjoyed this Mothers day just as much as I did considering the amount of sleep he received also.
By the time we woke up it was dinner and everyone was on their own. I was thankful for leftovers which made cooking and cleaning easy...Pops made some cookies for his home teaching families and of course made a few extra for us. We finished the night off just hanging out together. It was a pleasant day I wouldn't mind repeating it anytime in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment