Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ahhh, we're home. I left the house spic-n-span and it was so nice to come home to clean floors, clean sheets, clean bathrooms and a clean kitchen with nothing on the counter tops. Now that we've been home for 24 hours...it's not quite as clean. Oh well. I was happy to find that the hotel had a washer and dryer for the guests to use so I didn't bring home piles and piles of laundry. Probably only about two loads. I had a doctor's appointment to get to this morning and then my goal was to get everything unpacked and put away. I went to the doctor, then to the scout store for Buster and I struggled staying awake on the short ride home. I was sooooo tired. Luckily for me when I got home Crate was ready for his nap so I put him down, I can't exactly recall, but I think I might have threatened the boys with their lives if they came in my room, and I laid down for a quick 30 minute power nap. Well all my senses were lost after those 30 minutes and the voices rang from the mattress saying "stay here, stay here" and at last I gave into the temptation and slept for two more hours and Crate slept for three. When I woke up the older boys were gone running errands with Pops and I felt like a million bucks. I guess I didn't realize how much our get-a-way wore me out. But then again when you're sleeping in the same quarters as the rest of the family that can only mean one thing: late nights and early mornings.

Speaking of the scout store. Holy cow that place can get expensive. .My advice: if you have a son approaching the age of eight any time in the next seven years, start saving for his scout uniform, badges and books now. And if you happen to be fortunate enough to be a den leader start saving for your uniform also.

Tomorrow is back to school shopping for two kids...I see two back to back expensive shopping trip days in a row. Looks like we'll be staying around the house come Friday. Then again, I'm thankful my kids have a good school to attend and are excited for a new year.

Tomorrow after the school shopping I am bound and determined to be completely unpacked and suitcases put away. Or maybe I'll need another 2.5 hour nap. :)

1 comment:

Alyssa and Nate said...

i think i appreciate those kinds of naps more than any other, when the dad enables you to keep sleeping, it's a nice treat/break from the norm. you have a nice husband!