It's been several years since I regularly sat in a relief society meeting on Sunday due to callings in other places. I was grateful for the lesson today. It reminded me of a few things.
1. Find joy in raising my children
2. Don't allow anything/person or activity to take priority over completing the basic and important things each day. For me those important things are; having patience, family prayer and scripture reading, personal prayer and scripture reading, weekly family home evenings, make sure PPI's get done with Pops and the boys and have dinner as a family each night. I must make dinner a priority even if Pops is not around for it I still need to take the time to prepare and carry out a meal so I can be with the boys around the table and spend a simple and hopefully peaceful 20 minutes together. They can eat pretty darn fast some nights.
3. Seek the guidance of the spirit in everything I do. Especially in raising my children and bettering my marriage.
4. And again...find joy in rearing children. Raising children is not a task but a heavenly blessing and privilege.
5. Strive each day to do something for Pops just cause I know it'll make him happy and feel appreciated. I think for tomorrow I'm going to make him his favorite dessert just because.
No comments:
Post a Comment