You start the day off with red and blue pancakes for the kids. They weren't to sure about eating them but they soon realized the taste wasn't different just the color...I'm still wondering if they found it as much fun having a colored breakfast as I did.
Then you send the father off with the two oldest boys to a movie and put the one year old down for a nap and prepare for dinner...ribs, corn on the cob, potatoes seasoned and prepared and ready to be placed on the grill for dinner. Then you get a treadmill workout in and change into your swimsuit, pack a lunch for the family, welcome everyone home, wake up the baby and head out to Hamilton pool in Chandler with some friends and enjoy watching and playing with the boys while trying to stay cool ourselves. We had a fun time and ended up staying longer than planned so our dinner had to be put aside and saved for tonight.
Once we got home Pops gave a FHE lesson on how America came about, I finished up our American cake and we headed outside for some fireworks...right in our own front yard. The neighbors came over and we ended up having a great time.
At first Crate wasn't sure about all the noise from the fireworks but he soon warmed up and thought they were pretty cool.
We had a mess to clean up afterward but it was worth it.
At 10pm we ate our "American" cake...it was fun making this morning. Once again though I wonder if a home full of girls would enjoy it more than a home full of boys. :)
I had to convince the boys that it was cake and not pancakes from the morning put on top of each other.
Happy birthday America. I can't be more thankful for the country in which I live. God Bless the USA.
No comments:
Post a Comment