Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You know it can't possibly be something good when the door bell rings at 6am. That's exactly what we or should I say "I" woke to this morning...Pops slept right through it. Shocker. Anyhow it did wake up the three boys, about two hours prior to their normal wake up time...I knew by 6:10am this was going to be just a lovely day.

So it's 6am and there is my neighbor, I use that term loosely because I've never spoken to the man, we do the normal Arizona thing and just wave to each other. Well today I was more than grateful he was my waving neighbor. As I opened the door he says "sorry to come by so early but do you know what's coming out of your garage?" I take a step out to see water literally pouring out from under the garage door and down Mt. Everest also known as our driveway. (If you've ever seen it you know what I'm taking about) I kindly say thank you, he drives away and I shut the front door, go to the door into the garage and hear and see water flowing everywhere. Lovely. The water heater and "leaked" or somewhere exploded. Who knows at what hour in the night it happened but it left it's mark. I go to tell Pops about our little problem...actually the boys and I all go cause remember they are all awake by this time...anyhow luckily we have a big squeegie thing and Pops proceeds to push all the water out. Crate only slips and bonks his head 4 times on the concrete ground and I'm only sweating on 90% of my body versus 100%. It was a lovely morning, but I'm thankful everyday doesn't start off that way.

To look on the bright side of things...nothing in the garage got ruined thanks to it being sloped, the plumber came today and replaced the water tank, Crate doesn't have a concussion and I still made it to my doctors appointment to find all is well.
There is always a silver lining behind every dark cloud.

2 comments:

Alyssa and Nate said...

holy moly!

Amy G. said...

wow. that's just crazy! hope the rest of your weeks goes 1000% better!