Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another good day

Ok...another great day of weather. So I took the boys to the library today for story time. Carson was not thrilled to go, I think because in the past we always went to "baby time" which was more for Boston. However on Wednesday's story time is geared more for 3-5 year olds. Carson actually got into the dancing and playing around and listened to the story. It was fun to watch him come out of his shell and not be so afraid to participate in front of other people. Boston on the other hand was an emotional wreck. I probably should have stayed home and let him take a nap but we all needed to get out. He cried because some one took his spot on the rug, then he cried because he didn't get a bean bag fast enough, then he cried because he didn't get a rattle, then he cried because he didn't put the bean bag and rattle away when the other kids were putting them away. There were plenty of bean bags and rattles he was upset because he didn't move fast enough to get one out of the bucket and had to pick it up off the floor. However, his mood quickly shifted when story time was over and he got to pick out a movie of his own choice...of course it was a "Thomas the Train" movie. He really loves trains right now. Carson was excited to pick out "Quest for Camelot." Then I found a new Pilate's DVD which I hope to try out tomorrow.

After the library we went and dropped our stuff off in the car and walked over to the big lake at the park. It was an absolute glorious day. The wind was lightly blowing and the sun wasn't too hot. We walked around the lake for about 45 minutes and Carson & Boston had fun chasing the ducks which were everywhere. I wished I had some bread to feed them as I'm sure they would have loved it. Boston is so into animals. Any animal he sees he wants to hold. It's actually really sweet. It was a great 2 hours of free entertainment.

We got home ate lunch & Boston went down for a nap and I was off to Walgreen's to see how much money I could save on hand soap. I went to Ashlee's last night to learn how she saves all this cash using all different sorts of coupons. I was very impressed and very confused at the same time. When I tried the first deal at Walgreen's it really worked and I got a bunch of hand soap and deodorant and in the end the total will cost me about $3 not bad huh? Now I just need to get more into it and save at every store. I figure if I have to get up extra early before I go running to check deals and figure out coupons for the next few weeks it'll be worth the savings.

I was able to work until Boston woke up and then I fixed this nasty bean dinner. I forgot to get avocado's at the store and I forgot to cook the meat and rice so we just had black and kidney beans with a little cheese on top in a bowl. Really it wasn't good but after complaining everyone ate it...even Brandon. Tomorrow will be a better meal I promise. I don't know where my mind was this afternoon when it came to dinner...the blessing is that no one went to bed hungry tonight. After dinner Brandon took us to the park to drive the RC boat in the lake. That was fun then he headed off to Bishopric meeting and the boys and I went for a 4 mile bike ride with some friends. Today was a good exercise day 3 mile run outdoors with a friend, 2 more miles on the treadmill when I got home, a walk around the lake and then the bike ride tonight. My legs were a little tired on the last mile of the bike considering I was pulling both boys in the bike trailer behind me.

Brandon needs me to teach seminary again tomorrow. I have a much greater appreciation for any volunteer seminary teacher that teaches early morning. It's a lot of preparation and I know Brandon has been blessed with energy each day as he teaches. I never believed the man could get up and be dressed in white shirt and tie by 6:00 am five days a week. It's amazing considering that in almost 9 years of marriage I've seen him roll out of bed before 7am just a hand full of times. He is defiantly a night owl but all-in-all he's been blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounded like a fun day! Let me know about your plans for Saturday.