FYI-- to the readers. I use this blog mainly as a journal for me and my posterity. So everything that is written may not be all that interesting, it might just be normal stuff from a normal day.
So tonight Brandon and I went to a unveiling of the new Family History website/process. It was very interesting and although the presentation was good the "product" (for lack of a better term) was amazing. I realized there is really no reason why I can't start family history work now. All you need is an internet connection. No more having to go to the family history centers. Our Temple district is one of the first few to start this and over the next 12 months all temple districts will convert to the new system. Pretty amazing what technology can accomplish.
Jennifer had the boys tonight. Sometimes I think it would be neat to move away and try things out in a different area of the U.S. But then I think of all the times family has helped us out and we have helped them out. I really enjoy living next to family and having the boys grow up with their cousins.
4 comments:
Living close to family is a big blessing. I do miss it sometimes. However, now that I have experienced living away from ALL family, and living close to family I've learned that either one is good and ok. You meet friends that become as close as family. You experience different situations that help you to grow and progress with your husband and children. Sometimes situations that you may not experience living close to family. Sometimes we do miss not being able to get together for birthday parties, or Christmas parties, etc., but I wouldn't trade where we live for anything. When you're in a place that you really like, the pros and cons are worth it. It has been so neat for us to venture out and experience a part of the country that we otherwise never would have experienced. Now of course if you can live in a place that you totally love, and have family close by that is the best, but if not, it is still ok. It just makes it that much sweeter when you are able to get together with your family for things. If you ever have an opportunity to move to a new place, I reccomend doing it. Great things can happen!!
Isn't the new Family History "product" awesome? I think we will be using it a lot in our home.
Jackie Lee,
Tried to register online for the new website and it said it wasn't available in our area yet. I can't wait till it is up and running, I would love to attend a training on how this all works. It is sure going to make doing the 500 or so names that I have found from Matt's family alot easier!
Your blog is never boring to me. I am impressed each time I read it.
Great way to keep a journal that's not to personal. Wouldn't want to publish all of your deep, dark secrets. (:
One comment on the political front... Ron Paul does vote constitutionaly, however, he is an isolationist. Wants to bring all the troops home from everywhere and defend from the homeland. We had to leave homeland to fight WW I
and WW II. If Republicans vote for Ron Paul, it will split the vote and Clinton or Obama will be put in the White House. We cannot let that happen. McCain is too liberal of a republican. That leaves only two conservatives.
Back in 1976 there was a split vote on the Republican ticket. Resulting in a win for the Democrats, putting Jimmy Carter into the White House. Some of the worst four years of our Nations history. Let's not let history repeat itself again in this vein. Be prayerful in your considerations for Pres.
That's all for now.
Mom
Post a Comment