So last night I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Brandon to come home from scouts. I ended up sleeping for about 45 mins. When I woke up it was 8:45 and I was ready to go for the night. That's when I caught up on the blog, read tons of other blogs and researched a bunch of stuff on the computer. Close to mid night I finally forced myself to bed. Then the alarm went off at 5:10am and I was off to meet a friend to exercise. I thought I would be able to squeeze a nap in today but that didn't happen. After getting Carson off to preschool it was time to do all my errands I had been putting off...the bank, the post office, dropping this and that off etc. Then it was time to pick Carson up and run off to a couple of more places. After arriving back home and finishing lunch Brandon put me to work. A client from the Background check business needed about 30 searches done and I was the one to do it. I put Boston down for nap and had Carson call his friend to come over. When he called him the friend invited Carson to go over there! He loves going to friends houses so he was more than excited. After 3.5 hours I finally needed to stop the searches and start dinner. Carson came home from his friends house, Boston enjoyed a movie after his nap and I was able to help save Brandon some precious time. I learned some good lessons this afternoon.
1. I am thankful Carson got to get out of the house and play. I am thankful to parents that invite him over. I hope he behaves himself though.
2. I realized I don't need to be paranoid if my almost two year old watches a movie. It's OK. Sometimes it's necessary so I can get things done.
3. Computers stress me out. I don't know them well enough to feel like I can things done as quick as I need to.
4. Brandon is very patient with me when I get stressed and he's willing to take the time to walk me through things.
5. It's OK if I don't have dinner ready to go at 5pm. We ate at 6pm tonight and still had time to do the bedtime routine and have the boys in bed by 8pm. (1/2 hour later than normal but it was OK)
6. Brandon had to leave for an appointment right before dinner was ready. The conversations are much different when he's gone. Carson and I talked about his preschool day today. It was nice catching up with him.
7. Laveen needs to invest in a new post office. Every time I go there, no matter what time of the day, there is always a line. 4 years ago I could run in and out of there so fast. Not anymore.
It's 9pm and I have yet to practice the piano (which by the way I love taking lessons but I've learned I must practice everyday or I feel like I don't progress.), pick up the toys, start a load of laundry, sweep the kitchen floor from dinner and get to bed in a timely manner so I can get up early again for a good morning run!
One blessing though before I quit...after I realized a nap wasn't in the plans today I specifically prayed for energy to last throughout the day and I really feel like it was given to me. Amazing.
1 comment:
Wow, you had a day like mine. I thought when my children were grown and gone I would have more time, NOT. You handled it well.
Post a Comment