Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

I was glad to see every ones comments regarding this years election. I can't stress enough how vitally important this election is. With the way the economy is right now it is imperative that changes are made. I'm not usually a "dooms day" type of person but I do believe there are changes that have to happen in order for jobs to be sustained, homes to be kept and money to purchase food. I am realizing the blessings of Prophets in advising the Saints since the restoration of the church to store food. It's comforting to be taught to be prepared in order to be preserved. I am most grateful for the blessing of living in America and having the freedom of speech. I urge each reader to be prepared to make an informed decision regarding this primary election...Arizona's primary is in just over a week. The purpose of the promised land aka America and the Constitution is clearly laid out in the Doctrine and Covenants. There is one candidate who has a record of voting constitutionally on every opportunity (and for anyone wondering... no it's not Mitt Romney)...the power of prayer is real. Search ALL the candidates, make a decision and ask the Lord if the decision is right. With faith and real intent the Lord will make know his answer. What a great time to use the power of prayer and receive an answer of who is right at this time to be the President of the most blessed nation. It really is a blessing to live in this land! I am thankful to be an American. That's all I've got to say about that.

6 comments:

Stacy Hoyt said...

Maybe this is a really dumb question, but what do you mean by "voting constitutionally?"

Jackie Lee said...

Stacy
It would take quite a while to try to explain while typing... lunch, a mall trip, bike ride, zoo trip or just coming over and hanging out and we'll talk. Give me a call when you have a moment!

Becky said...

Jackie Lee, I appreciate that you are willing to "talk politics"...I have felt so strongly about this election as well and I have spent sooo much time thinking, reading, researching, praying, and pondering. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have a set answer yet (except on who I don't think would be right and you already know about that!). Hopefully I will feel right in my heart about someone soon since I need to get my early ballot in the mail :)

Goodman Family said...

We couldn't agree with you more. We have felt the power of prayer and the Spirit witness the truthfulness of what times lay ahead. We too are voting for the candidate who votes constitutionally. Thanks for your blog post. I think this issue is worth talking about and exploring.

Goodman Family said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eia3NcSv7S8

Have you seen this video? It is what we should be fighting and voting for.

the Cardon Clan said...

We are on the same page as you Jackie Lee. I am so grateful that there is a candidate who honors and respects the Constitution as much as I do and I feel honored to be able to vote for him!