Saturday, January 5, 2008

This past week...

Monday: Started with cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, washing sheets, vacuuming...those sorts of things. While doing all this the boys had a fun time setting up the tents and tunnels they got from their Grandma for Christmas. They played in them for about 2 solid hours and even ate lunch in them. Needless to say I was able to get a lot done.

That night Brandon and I went to my sisters house for a very fun New Year's Eve. Thanks goes to Jennifer for the great party and to Uncle Nate and Aunt Alyssa for babysitting. Brandon and I didn't arrive home until after 2am so it made for a very long Tuesday.

Tuesday: Started with a pancake breakfast with the aunt and uncle. Then headed off for a family bike ride along the canal...it was very windy so we didn't get to far before we decided to pull off for our picnic at a park.


New Year's Day evening we had a family date visiting Westgate. The new outdoor shopping area next to the Cardinals stadium. They boys enjoyed watching a cool water show and just goofing around in general. It was free, fun and a great place for families. Although we did have to cover Carson's eyes when the "Naked Cowboy" showed up with his 24 hour camera crew. (he's some naked dude with a guitar from NYC... i only knew about him because i saw him on the news that morning.)

We topped the night off with ice cream at Johnny Rocket's!

Wednesday: I had a chiropractor appt in Mesa and Brandon had errands to run out there so the family all went together. We visited the Franklin Covey store and I was able to get some materials that will help me be better organized for the new year...as this was one of my resolutions! I'm excited to change things around and feel in control of my life by being more organized.

Thursday: Cousin Captin got to come over to spend the night with Carson and Boston while his mom and dad celebrated their anniversary. The boys played a lot, i did laundry again, practiced the piano and started a book and the D&C. I'd like to finish the D&C by end of Feb.

Friday: Because of all the parties due to the Holidays Carson wanted to have his own. So we quickly invited a few friends over plus his cousin was there and Carson planned the games...they were quite entertaining, had some pizza and an ice cream cake with snickerdoodle cookies! He was clear that he wanted a boys only party. They seemed to have a fun time and were very sugared up when they left! It was worth the effort watching Carson have the time of his life...he got to be the boss for the party!

Saturday: Headed off to the church for a primary activity to meet the new teachers. Then came home and got ready for a birthday party for one of Carson's friends. He always has fun at parties. Now I'm getting ready for church at 9am tomorrow. I'm very excited to be able to go early again!

3 comments:

Collier Family said...

Pretty busy week! I like all the pictures though. You sure have cute boys!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just have one question...where is the picture of the Naked Cowboy??

Audrey, Brandon, and Cele' said...

I have really enjoyed reading all your posts! Sounds like you guys stay busy! We don't have that many parties out here in good ol Paulden. :) I just think you have THE cutest boys ever!!
Audrey