Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Voting day

Well today I voted (early mail in ballot) I loved being able to vote and not have to stand in line! My vote is official. This will be an exciting election. May the best man (not woman) win! :)

Also, tonight I went to the local school community meeting. It was very interesting. I hope the community chooses to come together and do whats best for the interest of the children. I hope parents will take a stand on their children's education and become involved in the school programs making the school a safe and enjoyable place for their child to learn. I'm thankful I live in a community where education is available and free. I am thankful to teachers and administrators who want a better school and try to make a difference. Most of all I am thankful to the parents who are involved with the school and who choose to support the locals schools by giving of their time and talents. I am thankful to the parents who have chosen to continue to stay living in Laveen and work to make it a memorable place for their children to grow up. We are lucky to be here, surrounded by good people all fighting for the same cause.

8 comments:

john and steph said...

I was checking your blog and I read John your comment and he wanted to thank you for coming and for you comment of support for the leaders and parents.

Collier Family said...

I voted today, I'm pretty excted! I think the reight to vote is such a big blessing. I'm grateful we have the right! Who did you vote for?

john and steph said...

When you get tagged you do what the questions ask and then tag someone else, I usually tag 3 people. I had a hard time with this one but I gave 6 random facts that some people might not know about me. I think it is to get to know people.

Sandi said...

Good job on voting and community involvement. I voted by mail also. Feels good and thank you husband for the kind note.

Tanya Leigh said...

Yay! I voted yesterday too :) It's been quite the election year. If ever there was a time where a Mormon could get this far, it's when a WOMAN, a BLACK MAN, and an EVANGELICAL PREACHER run at the same time! He's not so much the odd man out, now is he? ;)

Jackie Lee said...

Tanya...what's up? I'm glad to hear from you. Send me an invite to your blog so I can see what's going on with the family!

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh - Sorry! :) I need your email address ... email me, and I'll get you that invite! tleigh99@hotmail.com

Astrodon Johnstoni said...

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes I feel like Arizona is more frontier than I bargained for. But then if it weren't so rough-hewn, we wouldn't have the satisfaction of building it together.