Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today.

So about a week ago my friend Stephanie dropped off some army men figurines and army accessories that her boys didn't use anymore for Carson. When he opened the sack the look on his face was priceless! He was so excited. He's really into the army theme and doesn't have any of those toys. Needless to say he literally had spent hours in his play room using his imagination with that stuff. He loves it! Thanks Stephanie for thinking of us! I hope you enjoyed the cookies!

Today I made cookies with the boys...they helped the entire time! It's great Boston is getting older and enjoys doing the same things Carson is doing. We really have a lot of fun together. Then a friend called and invited me to lunch! A lunch date with out kids heck ya! It was really nice to go out and run to Applebee's. I enjoyed too many helpings of their soup and salad combos. I tried the potato & bacon soup with the Almond crusted salad, yum. Then I had the tomato basil soup with the Santa Fe salad, yum then I had more potato soup with a different kind of salad. I had to stop there. I would highly recommend the potato soup it was really good. I thought "soup and salad for lunch? Of course... this will be great I can go out with a friend enjoy the moment and eat healthy!" Well three servings might have been a little over the top, so much for small portions. Oh well, it was delicious and the company was even better. I've got to make that a regular activity. Yet, another great thing about Laveen...it has great people and good soup and salads :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

The cookies were yummy--sorry I missed you :)

Sandi said...

Hi Jackie, thanks for the kind words on my blog. I have never done the soup and salad at Applebee's, guess I better try it out.

Anonymous said...

Okay... so when are we going to lunch? Come up sometime soon, and we will hit our girl only favorite lunch spot(you know what I'm talking about). I'll be waiting!!!