Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today.

My door bell rang at 7:30 am and I was dead asleep. It startled me...i thought "what is going on, is there an emergency?" Then I realized it was Carson's ride to preschool. We all had overslept! Sorry again Shawna for not being ready. When Carson woke up I asked him if he wanted me to take him to preschool and he said no. I thought, what the hay, it's only preschool lets have a party! A family party that is...minus Brandon he needed to work :) After asking Carson what he wanted to do he said go for a bike ride! (What an easy party to throw!) So he rode his bike and I pushed Boston in the jogging stroller (which by the way, I bought at a garage sale when Carson was a baby for $5. One of my best buys, that thing has had many miles put on it, I love finding great deals!) for a good 3 mile jog. The weather was perfect and Carson was happy to be on his bike and I was happy for a little exercise! Then a friend called and asked if we wanted to join them for a picnic at the park...i thought let the party continue! We packed a lunch and headed off to the park for some play time. Once I got home I realized how nice it was to be out in beautiful weather and be with friends. I really had an enjoyable time as did the boys. I need to get with friends more often during the day. Boston went down for a nap I was able to help Brandon with some mailers for the business then it was off to visiting teaching...I'm done for the month, yea! I have a new person and enjoyed getting to know her she's really cool. Leftovers for dinner...no cooking, Yea! Boys asleep by 7:30! And I have had a few moments to think. One thing I have realized is the importance of friends. Friends who don't judge you for your imperfections but try to help you do better, friends to laugh with, friends to cry with and friends to talk with. A good friend is essential. I may not have a list a mile long of "best friends" but I am thankful for my good friends and I hope I can be a better, more loyal friend. Cherish your best friends. And to my friends: thank you for being a friend. (And to my sisters...check number 5 on the left)

7 comments:

Shawna said...

You're fine Jackielee. I've totally had my moments of sleeping in. I agree with your friends comment. I don't know what I would do without my friends. It's so nice to be able to be myself and not have to worry about anything. Friends are the greatest. Also, to everyone who reads Jackielee's blog. YES, she is just as beautiful right when she wakes up in the morning. It's really not fair!

Jackie Lee said...

To anyone who reads Shawna's comment...she has her "beer goggles" on in the mornings so she can't see me clearly!

Becky said...

I think I believe Shawna's comment more than Jackie Lee's! :)

Great post, Jackie! By the way, I've still got that Pampered Chef pan if you want it...

Anonymous said...

You are really something. I am your mom and I am still very impressed with all you do, your goals, your writing ability, your expressions of love and gratitude, your service that you render, your beautiful family and especially how you so enjoy being with them. That is the best thing of all.
You are a wonderful daughter and I am very grateful for you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Copy what mom said! Except at the end change the daughter to sister.

Collier Family said...

Grat thoughts and words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing!!

Clement Family said...

It just seems like it's always a party at your house. Can I come too?