Saturday, June 12, 2010

83 Degrees in June in Phoenix?

Today I was reminded again to focus on my blessings. The blessings of my family. We attended his funeral. First off let me say, they are incredible parents. Second, the service was beautiful. Third, waterproof mascara really works (now I just need to figure out how to wash it off.)

This talented man in their ward played the violin as prelude music. One of the first songs he played was Come, Come Ye Saints and as he played I couldn't help but think about the early pioneers who buried so many infants and little children along the path and still continued to keep the faith and hope for a new life. One where they could worship the Savior and be free from persecutions. My heart wept for Caden's mom and all those other pioneer mothers who had to go through this heart breaking ordeal. Then I sat there in complete gratitude for the hope the gospel brings. For the knowledge of eternal families and the blessing of Temples that dot the earth. I'm sure the Johnson's have a much better understanding and appreciation of a Temple sealing. They now know the choices they made growing up and being worthy to be sealed in the Temple have blessed them. They are sealed forever. I pray I can teach my children to never loose sight of the right path, they cannot foresee how keeping on the right path may bless them in time to come.

After the funeral services Pops and I had an interesting discussion about church doctrine and more specifically Deborah the Prophetess. He was familiar with the story and I voiced my thoughts and then he shared his. Then the discussion turned into prophets of today and some people who think they are prophets. We talked about what the word prophet means and he gave me some scriptures that I will study tomorrow.

By this time it was time to take the babysitter home. Pops was gonna work this afternoon but things got turned around and I felt like we had to take advantage of the AWESOME weather. 83 Degrees at 2pm on a June afternoon? Hello, that doesn't happen everyday. I told the family we needed to be outside. And what better place to be than an outdoor mall! You should have seen the boys faces when I announced the word "mall," they were more than excited. NOT. Then I mentioned that they had a computer store and we could make a stop in there. That got them going. Boys and their electronics, that is one thing I will never understand. We headed out to Tempe Town Marketplace and enjoyed perusing through the shops in the out doors. I simply, really love what we like to call "family dates." I love hanging out and doing stuff as a family. Well...fun stuff at least. I hope they will always like it as they get older.

While walking outside Boss said "These bees (they really are flies but he always calls them bees) keep flying in my eyes.
I asked "Why do you think they keep trying to fly in your eyes?)
His response was "because they think my eye is a door and they just want to come in."
Hummm...I wonder what they'll find, I thought.

I can't believe how different Boss and Buster are. And for this I'm so thankful because they really help to balance each other out.

I saw these shoes made by sketchers that claim to tighten up the legs and gludious maximus if you wear them while walking around. I really wonder if they do. Because if they REALLY do then I should REALLY buy them. I know I'm reaching an age where things are starting to sag. YIKES.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I wanted to hug you yesterday. It was a beautiful service and I think every Mother's heart broke. I don't know how families go through these type of trials without the knowledge of the Gospel.