OK...so the weather has been so perfect that I was trying to think of more activities to do outside that are convenient and inexpensive. Currently our list of outside activities includes playing in the back yard, going to the park, riding bikes or riding bikes to the park. I wanted to spice up our lives a little and expand our outdoor activities. (Every once in a great while we might go hiking with Brandon, but he can't really go during the week and it's no fun to take two little kids hiking with out someone else...if anyone ever wants to go hiking with me and the boys during the week give me a call) Anyhow I was reading some junk mail I got and I read that the Phoenix Zoo is rated as one of the top 5 zoo's in the country! Who knew? So as I looked into it a little more I realized a year pass was pretty cheap then I talked to my sisters and we realized that for $40/person we could split the cost of a years pass and go to the zoo as often as we wanted! So I signed us up... we went to the zoo 4 times in 10 days! It's great we pack a lunch and a stroller and head off. It seems to be about a 20 - 25 min drive and were there. Since we have a pass I feel like we don't have to stay there all day to get our monies worth...we go for a hour or two and head back home for naps! It's a great activity and a little exercise too! If anyone wants to go to the zoo call me we're usually always up for a trip.
And because of the weather I've realized a couple of things...
1. I'm don't believe in over scheduling my children...if they were enrolled in "everything" little outdoor excursions would be less doable
2. I'm grateful I have the ability to enjoy good health so I can enjoy the outdoors with my children.
3. I am thankful for free parks!
4. I am thankful to stay at home. Despite how busy times may get with helping Brandon with work, taking care of the house, meals, laundry, church etc I am coming to realize the importance of raising my children and fulfilling my role as a mother. I am blessed to have a husband that values motherhood and it's role and fulfills his responsibility in providing for our family. Staying at home is a blessing and an honor.
5. I am thankful for boys they make life fun.
6. I am thankful to live in Laveen. It's central to some many places, the library, the zoo, South Mountain Preserve, the science center, downtown museums, Tempe beach park, our families, and many other locations.
7. And because of these convenient activities I've filled up the gas tank in the van twice in the last 23 days!
2 comments:
I just kept nodding my head as I read this post! There are so many things I appreciate and admire about you Jackie Lee--so many things that I agree with you on--like not overscheduling (harder to do as the kids get older!), loving Laveen, loving being a stay-at-home mom. Thanks for validating these things for me!
We've been zoo members for 3 years now and love it. A membership costs just about the same as it would to get our family of 4 in for one day. A membership is totally worth it. I also love being able to go and feeling like we don't have to do the entire zoo to get our moneys worth. It's a great zoo and it's Theron's absolute favorite place! Call me next time you go. We're always up for a zoo trip and a picnic!
Post a Comment