Well yesterday I picked up two of my nephews while my sister-in-law was moving and my youngest sister and brother- in-laws also wanted to come over for the weekend. They all left tonight. As much as I love them I am thankful to be back to having two kids and I am thankful to not be moving. As fun as it is to be in a new house I like sticking to my old one just so I don't have to move.
Today Brandon and I took the 6 kids to the Laveen Parade. The kids seemed to all have a really good time. We sat right where the parade started so we got bombarded with candy...literally more candy than we got a Halloween. yuck. I can't find my camera anywhere so I have no pictures. I need to find that thing. After the parade we took the kids over to a park in the same area of the parade and spent about 2 hours playing around and Brandon flew his plane. We also took the kids to the neighborhood park on Friday evening so I feel like I now have house full of sand. yuck again. I was impressed to see Mayor Phil Gordon as part of the parade. He seems to be a good mayor. Boston loved seeing the police cars and the tractors at the parade and Carson was most impressed that the Laveen school principle was there and handed him a water bottle. He told me he knows the principle because at Christmas time his preschool class got to go in his office and sing him songs. He called him the "school boss."
Also today my sister Jennifer ran her first 1/2 marathon. I called to see how it went but she has yet to call me back so I'll have to check up tomorrow.
We taped President Hinckley's funeral services. Hopefully we'll get chance to watch that tomorrow night.
Now I have to get back to finishing primary stuff. I only have the agenda left and one part of the game so it shouldn't take to long. I'm still trying to get used to having everything ready on Saturday night because of early church. I do love having an early meeting time though!
5 comments:
We loved the parade! It's too bad we didn't see you there :) The mayor has been there every year that I'm aware of but this is the first year that a lot of the schools seemed to get involved which was really nice.
I love company but it sure is nice when life goes back to normal, isn't it? :)
I bet the parade was fun, and all the parks was probably fun too, but you're right a lot of sand!!!
How great to live in a town with family.
Yea isn't family GREAT!!!!
You write very well.
Post a Comment