Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today was a busy day...I'm not writing this sentence to have a pity party. Again, this is my journal so in 27 years I want to recall what a typical day was like in 2010 cause I'm sure my days will be different in 2037.

Workout...Plyometrics again. I really do like this workout. Really. I think I like it so much because I sweat like a pig and after I get done doing it I don't feel like a pig cause I have burned more than a few calories. I always walk away feeling powerful because I stuck with something challenging. It's like a good happy pill.

I was supposed to have James today but got a cancellation call this morning. I decided to take Boss to the library for story time. Crate was there to tag along and seemed to enjoy it almost as much as Boss. Seriously Boss had a smile on his face the entire time. I'm not sure if it was because he got to sit on the train square on the rug or if it was for all the fun music that was played. Whatever it was, it was successful. I was grateful I threw on some makeup because I saw many people I knew and I didn't scare them off. Of course we had to rent a few movies before leaving. Is it sad the kids enjoy getting movies rather than books at the library? Whatever. Anyways I go to check out and can't because my library card is declined. Embarrassing. I make my way over to the not-so-friendly librarian who proceeds to semi-yell that I had a $34.67 balance from past due fines. Are you flippin' kidding me? $34? This was supposed to be a free day. I tell Boss we're not getting anything but that didn't go over so well. So to not cause a bigger scene than I already had I play the penalty (which I'm sure is more than if I went out and bought the library new books altogether) and proceed to hand her my unsigned debit card. I've had this debit card for 3 years and 4 months. NEVER had I had any problem using it somewhere due to the back of it being unsigned. But here at the local library she WON'T accept it because of no signature. I hand her my drivers license and she says that's not good enough I have to sign the card. I proceed to oblige and start to write "see ID" and she tells me she can not accept it because "see ID" is not a valid signature. Do I really look like a criminal? I sign the flippin' thing and take my now very restless children out of that money/bad service/unfriendly pit and move on with life.

Our next stop was to the lake to feed the ducks which happens to be right next to the money/bad service/unfriendly pit so we didn't really move on that far with life. Anyhow, we feed the ducks all the popcorn and bread we had brought and as we were giving them our last handful the beast of all geese comes over blabbing his beak asking for his own 7 course meal. "To late buddy," I tell him but he would have nothing to do with hearing that. He proceeds to bite Boss on the shoulder then on the stomach and then right on the peck. Boss (the family animal lover) freaks out and bursts into tears which scared the ba-gee-bers out of Crate so he starts wailing away also. And here I am, the loving mother, busting-a-gut because the absolutely terrifying look on Boss' face was SO funny. It really was a priceless moment. Anyhow I shew the beast away and we sprint back to the van hoping the beast stops following us.

On our way home we do a little grocery shopping then get home just in time to fix a quick lunch, feed Crate, put the groceries away and head off to pick up Buster from school then pick up our friend Barbara then switch out lock boxes on a few properties for Brando then go to soccer practice for Boss where Crate craps his pants then home in time to put a fresh yummy pizza in the oven for dinner then showers then scriptures then bed. Then Pops gets home eats the leftovers and goes back on the phone to work. And here I am blogging before I start taking care of YW stuff.

Today I was thinking...everyone can find something to complain about at any given moment in their life. And complaining accomplishes nothing. So starting tomorrow me and the boys are going to start a complain-free day. I'm hoping it'll turn into a complain free week which will turn into a complain-free month which will turn into a complain-free year which hopefully will turn into a complain-free life and they'll direct their energy into something more productive than complaining. Ultimately leading to a constant positive attitude in life. Boys that always look on the bright side of things or find the blessings amongst the trials.

2 comments:

April said...

This was priceless!!!! I wish I could have been there to see it all. On the back of my debit cards ( 4 to be exact), I have "check ID". And have never had a problem. Rarely does anyone even look on the back, but when they do, they just ask for my drivers license. She must have been having an unhappy day and you came along at just the right time for her to unleash her frustrations on you. Good thing you are such a light to everyone and so patient. You might have even brightend up her day a bit.
I hope, after yesterday's experience at the lake, that all of Boss' "little" body parts are okay!:)

Jane said...

The lady at the library is totally on a power trip. You should call and speak to the manager, see if that really is protocol and tell them what happened... I would.
I wish I could of been there to see his face regarding the duck episode!