Too many kids today and not enough chocolate.
I went to Busters parent teacher conference. That was a success. She said she's noticed a big improvement on his reading. His confidence is boosted and he got all E's or 100% on everything. It looks like he'll be moving on to 2nd grade when the time comes!
I was thinking a lot today, that must be why I have a headache. Anyhow I decided that one of the trials in life we all face is learning to be happy for someone when they have that "thing" we most desperately want. Like... Watching someone get that job that we want. Watching someone get married while we're still living the single life. Or watching someone live the carefree single life while we ache for a happy, successful marriage. Watching someone have children while we long to feel the movement of life within us. Watching someone have that body with no effort while we work our tail off just to avoid that "obese" line. Watching someone buy that lavish house while living in your own tiny apartment. Hearing about that dream vacation that family went on while having to slave away just to pay for food. Looking on at someones "ideal" children while watching your own child go through tough struggles and wondering where you went wrong as a parent...forgetting children have their free agency. The list could go on and on. I think those who can truly be happy for others despite their own struggles is an example of the Christlike attribute charity. For charity IS the pure love of Christ. I hope to work on this throughout my life. For being envious only drives the spirit away. And jealousy only hurts the person who is jealous. And if we're not careful we could let our whole lives pass us by wishing for something more...forgetting all our own, personal boutious blessings.
On another topic...I love having a Bumbo for Crate. He'll sit in it for about 20 minutes at a time. Just enough time to have him by me when I am doing the dishes, folding laundry or writing on the blog. It's a lifesaver. His poor head is pretty bloody from him scratching his cradle cap...I hope it clears up soon. I am trying everything.
Mr. Bauer...I am here and waiting for you. Only 30 more minutes until I can watch you save the world.
3 comments:
Thank you, Jackie Lee... I needed this today, err... this month. :)
So true what you wrote!!!!
The part about the "obese" line cracked me up... I truly can relate. Life is good though, life is good.
Nice thinking...I admit, I struggle with that sometimes. It's hard to not be jealous/envious of people, but like you said - it only hurts the person who is jealous. I'll work on that with ya. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment