Friday, February 26, 2010

Tonight I went against my will and fixed a real dinner on a Friday night. I really wanted to stop and get a box of crap on the way home from Mesa today but I resisted. I put boneless skinless chicken breasts in a baja chipolte marinade for about 90 minutes then grilled them to perfection. I also steamed some fresh green beans and then sprinkled garlic powder over the top. Pretty simple but considering I hate cooking on the weekend it was a big deal. It was just me and the little boys tonight for dinner and even though the marinade had a kick to it they still ate it without complaining. Then once Pops got home and ate it he commented that it was the best grilled chicken he's had in a very long time, even better than restaurant chicken. I was proud of myself that I used the grill and it actually turned out non-blackened!

Tonight I let the boys play a video game while I went through the 6-12 month clothes I had. I got them all washed, folded and put away. I can't believe Crate already is in this big of clothes. The newborn stage went way to fast. He's growing like a weed. It's amazing. Not to mention he's so chubby my cannibalism desires have kicked in again. I want to just eat that ball of chub up. He's irresistible.

On the baby note... Alyssa had her baby yesterday. Ellinor Marie (Ellie). I hoping to get to meet her tomorrow!

No comments: