Friday, February 22, 2008

This week

Warning long post....

Monday two of my sisters, my mom and I all went to the Temple and to lunch while the husbands watched the kids at our home... the play room has still not recovered. Thank goodness Dustin was here though and has a liking for clean homes. I'm afraid what it would have been like with 7 kids and him not here to keep things in semi-order. It was a very nice time with my mom and sisters! Thanks ladies for the good laughs at lunch. Julie, we'll have to do it again when your in town. When it was time for the Binghams to go home my nephew Captin didn't want to so he got to stay! And for those of you wondering...yes "Captin" is his real name...it's on the birth certificate!

Tuesday I took the boys and Captin to the zoo. We tried something new and took our bikes, not the best day to take our bikes because when I pulled up I counted 22 buses in the parking lot! I'm almost positive 3/4 of Phoenix schools were at the zoo that day. Talk about a work out! I was impressed with Carson he did really well on his bike up and down the hills and all though he came close a few times he never actually ran over anybody!
That evening Brandon played t-ball with the boys out back and they had a lot of fun. That night Brandon left for a basketball game(which his team won by the way!) and while he was gone the boys had a free-for-all when it came to jumping on the couch. (I hope Brandon doesn't read this post.) It kept them entertained for a long time and they had a blast pretending to fly!
It was fun having Captin here...he was so easy and I think he enjoyed doing "boy stuff" since all he has is sisters.

Wednesday my friend Stephanie came over and I actually did a craft... I know shocking! I did this "family" thing about 18 months ago at a super Saturday and after having it on top of brownish cabinets and in front of a brownish wall I decided it needed color. So I redid the paper on it and I really liked the way it turned out!
Before...

After!
It was fun having Stephanie over and getting something accomplished at the same time! The kids had fun playing. That night Brandon had a "Suns Night" out our house with some friends and they watched Shaq play with the Suns for the first time. Boston officially learned how to climb out of his crib and I think now he is ready to sleep on the bunk beds with his brother! Taking down the crib will add much more space to their room!

Thursday Carson went to school and Brandon had an appointment in Surprise so he took Captin home. We were very sad to see him go. Brandon also took Boston with him and Jennifer watched Boston while Brandon was at his appointment. I was able to clean all three bathrooms, dust and vacuum and start a load of laundry before I left to pick up Carson. After school I took Carson out for a lunch date and then we picked up a "calming book" for him. This book is a note pad that he can write in or draw pictures of his feelings when he gets upset. He's had tantrums the last week or so like a two year old would have... I'm hoping he'll do this tactic instead of loosing control when he gets mad. We had a good time together. Later that afternoon I took the boys to the park to play t-ball, they did really well. Then we headed off to Costco with Brandon to get groceries and then on the way home we dropped him off at the church for Bishopric training. On the way home I started feeling sick and by the time I got home unloaded the groceries bathed the boys read scriptures with them and did the bedtime routine it took all I had to get myself to bed. I did a first in about 9+ years... I went to bed without washing my face! I NEVER do that. Usually I can't sleep unless I wash my face but I felt so sick I needed to lay down or dinner was gonna come back up. And mom I know what you're thinking...no, this does not mean I am pregnant yet.

Friday we took it easy because I didn't feel real well. I slept in until 7am then got Carson ready for school. After I picked him up I took the boys to the park and there were a couple of other people there for them to play with. Then I put Boston down and I slept for about 2 hours...like I said I wasn't feeling well but it felt so good to sleep solid for those two hours! Then this afternoon we pulled out one of Boston's toys he got for his birthday. The Play-Doh Fun Factory. It was actually fun! The three of us played with for about an hour and used our imagination to create all different sorts of things.

Yes...I think Boston is eating it...oops!
Then as I was fixing dinner tonight I looked over and Boston was eating the entire loaf of bread. I still have no idea how he got it off the counter and out of the bag. Thanks Heidi for the bread it was delicious! He must have been very hungry.
Now it is way past my bedtime!

No comments: