Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Perfect day for....

The Renaissance Festival!

After nine years of saying "we should go to the Renaissance Festival this year" we finally went! I've lived in AZ 22 of the last 27 years of my life and I always wanted to go so this year we did!
We took the boys and had a great time. Not to mention the weather was absolutely gorgeous at 67 degrees. Here are some of the activities we got to do.

The day started out with Carson and Boston becoming official "Knights" of the King. They even got a certificate to prove it!
Then we were off to watch a whipper...boy can he "crack that whip!" He was awesome.



Then it was time for a joust to the death!


We made time to stop and get a little treat...chocolate covered rice crispy treats on a stick...who could resist those?
While Boston enjoyed his treat Brandon and Carson got to go for a ride on a elephant!
Next it was time to witness the sword swallower! "Children do not try this at home!" He was amazing.




Time for a little stroll through the Dungeon Museum...Children close your eyes, inside these walls are torture chambers from the mid evil days! If only the punishments were the same today as they were in those days, there would probably be a lot less crime!
The boys and I went for a little ride on the pirate boat swings. Boston had the time of his life on this and said "wee" the entire time.
OK...so I had to stop for one of their famous Turkey legs...it was alright, even if it didn't taste the best there was enough meat on it to feed my family dinner!
After seeing all the swords and such Carson and Boston got their own shield and sword! Boy, I can't wait for those to be played with at home... I see lots of tears when these things are played with.
Our last stop was Brandon taking a "stab" at the ax throwing! (get it...stab--axes hee, hee)
Scary part his he did really well...I'll make sure not to be in his sight when he's angry and holding an ax at the same time! (luckily Brandon doesn't have a temper :))

These are just a few of the many activities we were able to see and do! There were many more fun activities to behold like palm reading, belly dancers, fortune telling, rock wall climbing, story telling and lots and lots of chests...very well endowed women who wore dresses that seemed to enhance everything they had. In today's times they would be been "dressed immodestly" as Carson says. I thought to myself100 times "Brandon, close your eyes, here comes another one." We had lots of fun and hopefully can make this a family tradition each year. Thank you Brandon for making the time to take us on a fun family date, we had tons of fun! I can't think of anything I'd rather want more than to spend time with my family.

7 comments:

Lani said...

Hey! We were there yesterday too! Too bad we didn't run into each other. I didn't see the ax throwing. I should have had Mr. Axman try it out! ;-) My cousin and I were dying seeing all the "chests" falling out of dresses. Sheesh! But it was a blast!

the Cardon Clan said...

That sounds and looks so fun. I've always wanted to go to go t one of those. Maybe next year we can go together??? Aahh and the delightful weather of 67 degrees in February is sounding really nice right about now as I stare out my snow covered window.

Jill said...

Looks like you had a great time! I have lived in AZ almost my whole life and have never gone out there. Maybe i'll have to get out there. Thanks for the motivation!

Anonymous said...

To bad we couldn't go with you this year thanks for inviting us though. Next year hop-along won't be handicapped so count us in. It sounded like a blast!

Brittney said...

Well the elephant rides won it over for me but I think all the talk about those women last night won Nick over! :0 I think we are going to try and go!

Thanks again for watching the kids last night while I watched Nick! They love you and C and B! I know that you went to the Zoo last week but I think we are going to make an appearance on Wednesday if you want to join!

felicia said...

looks like so much fun! we've never been there and will have to check it out! :)

Collier Family said...

I love all the pictures, and I'm glad that you didn't post any of the all the well endowed chests! That probably would have been a bit odd! I would like to go to the festival sometime, if we could be in AZ when it is going on! Glad you had fun though, it looks like it through the pictures!