Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Boss got to have a friend over today and they had a blast playing together as usual. I babysat today and the little boy was perfect...just played with the other little boys. After school Buster worked more on tying his shoes, he's determined to be become really fast at it, then he read two books to Boss and I. He's really shy about reading so we're working on building his confidence. Last night for family home evening we had a lesson on setting goals and these are the goals the boys came up with.

Buster:
1. Read every day
2. Tie my shoes
3. Be careful with Crate-the-great
4. Say my prayers each morning and night
5. Practice my testimony

Boss:
1. Listen and be obedient
2. Be careful with Crate
3. Pick up all my army men with out being asked
4. Say my prayers
5. Write my name

Our family goals:
1. Read scriptures every single day as a family
2. Invite a neighbor over for dinner
3. Invite someone who is poor over for food (this was Busters idea)
4. Exercise together as a family
5. Go on a family vacation

I was impressed with the boys goals as they each came up with them totally on their own. Also, Buster mentioned we could pick up a poor person down by the freeway, sadly we regularly see someone begging and now he wants to open our home to them...we'll work on this one.

In other news, this little guy...

is so much fun. He's starting to coo and goo all the time. He's becoming such a happy baby.
This was his Christmas suit for church, he looked so handsome.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Man you are an example to me! I am so grateful that I know you and can learn from you. I am also stealing your idea of setting goals. You are such a great mom and thanks for taking Coop today!

Jane said...

Great goals... to funny what Buster said!