Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I had a hard time pulling myself out of bed this morning. Pops helped Buster get ready for school and I finally dragged my rear out at 7am. I was sooo tired. But once I got up I worked out and I do have to say...I now have back muscles I never new I had. My back is getting pretty ripped. To bad my lower half has a much harder time getting into shape. I did a total of 56 pull ups on the chin-up bar and now I feeling it. Buster shed a lot of tears because he made a choice to spend time playing yesterday and not finish his homework. I warned him that he needed to do it but he never came and finished it and by the time he was ready to do it, it was time for bed. So this morning he was kind of freaking out and begging me to finish it for him while he ate breakfast. As much as I wanted to help him out I knew he needed to learn a lesson so I didn't finish it. When I asked him what his teacher would do if it wasn't done he replied "she'll make me put my head down, while everyone else grades their papers." My initial thought was "you're freaking out because you'll have to put your head down? This is ridiculous" I kept my thoughts to myself and reminded him there are consequences to our actions. He left for school still crying but I think the lesson paid off considering he came right home and with out being reminded sat right down and finished everything. Even though it was hard for me not to jump in and save him by doing his homework I'm glad I stuck to my guns.

On another note, soccer for both boys started tonight. Pops had to coach Boss's team. I think he liked it. As soon as we got home we had a quick dinner and pops was out the door for an appointment with a client. The boys took showers and decided to read scriptures a little longer than normal instead of playing so they could finish the Book of Mormon. This is the fifth time to have it done and they know each time we finish it I take them out for ice cream. So I promised them tomorrow right after school we'll go out. They were very excited to have it done again. Hopefully they're remembering the stories and can one day apply them.

Sometimes I dream of taking the day off ( or several days :). No motherly duties, no wife duties, no house duties, no calling duties, no nursing duties etc...but then I remind myself this is the life I choose. Albeit, hard at times and tiring, having children was my choice and I can have my days off in 20 + years. I have no right to complain only the privilege to be grateful. I really wouldn't change it for the world.

OK...Buster just came out...he must be dreaming he said "I got the odd number, I only got 7. Why did I get the odd number?" Then he walked in and went to the bathroom and then climbed back in bed. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

Oh, and during family prayer tonight Buster was saying it and he said "We're thankful for our trials since they help us learn, but please bless us to make it through our trials" I was like...where did he get that from?

I've been meaning to make it to the car wash for almost two weeks now. This is getting frustrating. Boston managed to paint the inside of the van windows with his Cheetos fingers one day while we were waiting for Buster to get out of school. I was sitting right there but choose to ignore it and read my book. He was practicing writing his numbers so I considered it a learning session and didn't want to fight with him to stop. I left that battle alone but have been paying for it with dirty windows for way to long. Jane, your spouse would be appalled if it was his vehicle....He'd probably trade it in for a new one at that point.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Your right about him trading it in for a new one. Actually he carries Windex in his back pocket at all times so he is ALWAYS ready... no joke.

Did you watch that video? I can totally see you trying to do those moves!

Seriously... 56 pull ups!! WOW! No wonder your back is getting ripped, but your motto is "NO PAIN NO GAIN". You go girl!!!