Monday, January 4, 2010

it was actually a productive day. most the chores got done, kids were happy and i even took a shower before 5pm (i had to shower, it had been 12 days since I last washed my hair...it was even making me sick...i'll leave spouses comments out) and made dinner to top the night off. it was a long yet successful day.

Buster got new shoes for Christmas, they are his first pair of "tie" shoes so he's never learned how to tie a knot. today at school his shoe came untied and it sounds like he was quite embarrassed when his friend had to tie it for him. Needless to say after several minutes of working with him and only a few tears he can now tie his own shoes. this is so good for him, it really helps his self-esteem when he learns something new. i'm really pleased with him sticking to learning this and not giving up quickly. it was a good afternoon for both of us.

i've been thinking a lot about my role as a mother and what being a "stay-at-home mom" means to the rest of the world. my goal this week is to write my thoughts on this topic. i've found some really amazing statements regarding the importance of my calling as a mother. i hope one day to earn the respect of others who see this stay-at-home role as unproductive or unimportant. that's all i'll say on this for the moment.

4 comments:

April said...

Never underestimate the MOST important 'job' you will ever have... a stay at home mom!
You have earned your Phd in mutiple fiels of higher education Economics. You are an engineer, teacher, nurse, counselor, party planner, payroll executive, bookkeeper, custodian, grounds keeper, operator, artist, musician, director of current affairs, president, wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend. And most importantly a daughter of God. WOW!!!

Jackie Lee said...

Why Jane, Why?

Jason and Ashlee said...

I'm impressed with going 12 days - I would be dripping grease :-)

Can I just tell you how much I am going to miss you - YW's will not be the same. You made things so easy, fun, and just down right enjoyable. I know the girls are going to miss you - they have already said so.

Oh...hopefully it's ok I blogstalk you. I use to just read your post's, then I thought - I really need to tell you how much I enjoy reading your entries.

Jane said...

Being a stay at home mom is WAY harder than working outside the home. I once heard someone say a person is not being a productive member of society if their not contributing to the work force. WHAT??? How about raising children that grow up to be well rounded, taught and disciplined with love. That way they are not delinquents to society... that's how one can contribute!