Happy birthday to Crate-the-great!! Today he's three months old. I can't believe how time flies. Part of me feels like it was just a few days ago I was walking and walking and walking all around the hospital to keep the contractions coming and get him hear safe and sound and the other part of me feels like I don't remember what life was like before him, it feels like he's been apart of our family from the beginning. He's a really good baby and we are all enjoying him.
Mutual tonight I believe was a success. We had a brainstorming meeting with the girls and have some really great activities planned out for this year, I'm really excited to carry these out. I don't think the boys liked having to be quiet and entertain themselves...although they weren't that quiet but I'm sure they'll get used to it as long as it is here at home.
I had a killer yoga workout this morning. It was killer but again I'm glad I finished it.
When Buster got home from school today I asked him how his reading was and he replied "it was awesome" I could see the excitement in his face and it's like his confidence shot through the roof. I've been a real stickler on him reading anything and everything and reading on his own after school and I think it's really helping him to become more confident in himself. I really want to have him start reading the dictionary little by little each day so he learns a greater vocabulary and meaning of words. Then again...that would be probably be totally boring for him. OK maybe no dictionary
I ran out of diapers, wipes, bread and milk today...(I mean like totally ran out, none of those items were anywhere in the home...oh, wait I do have a ton of diapers from the diaper cake but they're still a little to big...I even sent Buster to school with a sandwich on one piece of bread which was the heel so he only had half a sandwich and I scrounged to find other items to throw in his lunch bag) so I braved Wal-mart with the kids this afternoon...not fun. The boys were actually totally fine, Boss even wanted to sit in the cart (that made it soooo easy) it's that particular Wal-mart for some reason it feels so ghetto to me and no one is friendly. Not to mention it was totally busy. Oh well I had to go. At least it's done.
Took care of phone calls, bills and laundry today and had the little guy over for babysitting. Read a ton to Boss and worked on letter identification with him along with writing and counting...he's getting pretty good and can count to almost 60 with little corrections. It'll be interesting when he starts school...hopefully he has a longer attention span for his teachers than he does for me.
Now I'm ready for bed.
2 comments:
would love some suggestions on your reading techniques with your eldest. madi is just starting to read, and we're struggling with the desire to just sit and read for a few minutes each day. what do you use as an incentive for him? would love to see a post on this.
and when you mean killer yoga, are you speaking of p90x?? glad to see you are keeping with it...it's an amazing program,huh?!
*Tip: Always make sure to have at least a 3 month supply of diapers and wipes at all times. It saves on the unwanted trips to Wal-mart. Oh and why your at it, don't forget about a 3 month supply of t.p... Don't want to be over again and have you completely out! NOT FUN!! :)
Post a Comment