Today both Buster and Boss had birthday parties to go to. I showered washed and blow dried my hair...that's a miracle in itself. Brando over booked himself this morning with a soccer coaches meeting, showing houses and a quick service project all at the same time. So I took care of the service project for him while he did the other two things. Then after he was done showing houses the kids and I met him at Costco for grocery shopping. That place was packed. Once we were home Brando worked while I cleaned out the fridge, played with the boys and fell asleep while nursing the baby. That was a nice 20 minute power nap. The Christmas lights finally came off the house today. (I took all the Christmas decorations down the day after Christmas, I was glad for Christmas to be over this year, events didn't go as planned and I was happy to get the house free of the decorations). The boys rode bikes this afternoon, had baths and now are in dream land. I'm finishing up the lesson for YW's tomorrow and then will get the ironing done for church. The lesson for YW's is really good it's about spiritual gifts... One cool part of the lesson is:
“We believe in the gift of the Holy Ghost being enjoyed now, as much as it was in the Apostles’ days; … we also believe in prophecy, in tongues, in visions, and in revelations, in gifts, and in healings; and that these things cannot be enjoyed without the gift of the Holy Ghost” (History of the Church, 5:27).
President Marion G. Romney commented on this statement by the Prophet:
“Thus one who has never received the gift of the Holy Ghost cannot possibly work miracles by his power.
“Now, we know that there is but one way to obtain the gift of the Holy Ghost. That way is through the prescribed ordinances of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins and the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost”Every member of the Church, having received the gift of the Holy Ghost, is entitled to receive certain spiritual gifts...It makes me wonder if I really know my gifts and if I'm using them to help build the kingdom here on earth.
I better get back to my lesson...
2 comments:
It sounded like a busy day... but I know it's just another typical day in the Meryhew household!
Thanks for sharing a part of the lesson, not only was it cool but uplifting!
I forgot to mention... sorry to hear about your Christmas I knew you were upset(I assume your Christmas Eve)not going how you planned. What can I say nothing should surprise you anymore. I know how frustrating it is when you put all your time effort and money into something special and... I won't go there. I have a great idea next year just invite ME!! I never disappoint! :) LOVE YA!!
Post a Comment