My positive thoughts paid off. I felt much better today. I even kicked rear on my weight workout this morning. Up by 5:15am read scriptures worked out with Brando and found time to wash and blow dry my hair all before 9am. I can't wait to chop my mop. It's coming some day soon.
I made some really good homemade french bread to go along with a roast I cooked yesterday. I slow cooked a roast, potatoes and carrots in Costco Raspberry Chipotle sauce. It was pretty descent and gave the roast a little kick. The bread turned out awesome and the best part is that I prepared the dough this afternoon then let it rise while I took the boys on a bike ride so when we got home I just popped it in the oven, warmed up the roast and in 20 minutes a delicious dinner was born.
So we have had this rule for the boys the last year...the rule is after school no TV or video games Monday -Thursday. Some days I kick myself for making the rule. Sometimes it's great because the boys have nothing else to do but play with and entertain each other. Other days, like today when homework is done quickly and I'm trying to finish things up in the kitchen before Crate wakes up I just want to say go watch TV. But alas I stuck to my guns and they found a way to be entertained. It included spilling an entire bottle of bubbles on the back patio creating more work for me to clean it up. But, that is my job right now in my life so there's no sense in complaining about it.
On to other stuff...the person who invented the remote for Crates crib mobile is an absolute genius and deserves big Benjamins. I can turn it on from the bedroom door and he doesn't see me, thus keeping him entertained much longer. For if I was to walk over there and turn it on myself he would see me and expect to be picked up. And sometimes that's just not possible. I can think of a few more things I could use a remote for. Jane...I know you totally understand this concept. Sometimes I reflect on how much more attention child #1 received at this age...oh well #3 will survive.
Now I am going to go indulge in some time-wasting beauty. The literally one show I'll admit I'm addicted to is 24 and it's on tonight. Jack Bauer and I will reunite once again. 60 minutes of intense awesomeness.
2 comments:
jack was thorougly entertaining, as usual. your productivity is inspiring.
Glad to hear your feeling better! When I called yesterday and there was no answer I figured you were still sick.
I really need to start getting up at 5am like you to workout... instead I try to fit in it during the day, and it's to big of a pain. We will have to go on a run together next week in the morning.
Post a Comment