Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So many thoughts, so little time.

Thought #1 -- Crate is so big already. He's totally out of the newborn stage and growing so fast. It really is sad how fast the time flies by. He loves attention, squeals really loud and loves to be held. He also has some nasty cradle cap going on. Still looking for a solution on that one.

Thought #2 -- The cake I made for the party tomorrow smells really good. I must control myself.

Thought #3-- I'm glad I have good sisters. They are fun to talk to. It's even better when I can talk and work around the house at the same time.

Thought #4-- It's hard to come by good friends. I'm glad for them. I try to always remember to be a good friend.

Thought #5-- Reading in Helaman right now and it's amazing how much the people rejected the prophets back in those days. Then I realized how it is the same today. Then I thought of the little things that the prophet might say and how it's rejected. Then my thoughts always turn back to the Young Women and the responsibility to teach them the words of the prophets. Like not dating until 16, preparing for temple marriage, watching language that is used, wearing modest swim suits and so on. Then I think about how I can better follow the prophet and teach my children to do the same. What large or small things am I rejecting? Who am I judging? If I lived in the Nephite days would I reject Samuel the Lamanite? How is Samuel's teachings different from Pres. Monson's? Or are they all relative? When pondering the Book of Mormon it really opens my eyes to applying it to my own life.

Thought #6--Gratitude. I'm hoping I'm learning from other people's example and mistakes to be more grateful. Grateful when somebody fulfills callings or assignments. Grateful when someone watches my kids, grateful when somebody complements me, grateful when I learn I've been in someone prayers. Ingratitude to God is a sin and I think it's safe to say ingratitude in general is sinful. I will be more grateful to the very large and very small things someone does for me and my family. I've learned I've never walked in any one's shoes but my own...so when someone does something nice for me and I think it is no big deal because it seems easy for them to have done... I must remember I may not know everything that is going on in their lives and be most grateful for the time/talents/money/emotion/dedication they spent while doing something kind for me or my family no matter how big or how small that "thing" maybe.

Thought #7-- Thanks to Erin for pointing it out... Buster now reads the Book of Mormon to the family at night and it's amazing how well he does. Completely amazing.

Thought #8--I'm really excited to go to sleep in my clean sheets tonight.

Thought #9-- Visiting the totally gh-e-tto walmart is like having a out of body experiment. Nothing like hearing the really bad bomb word 14 times before ever getting in the store due to gangster G's music (the word music might be pushing it) comin' fro is pippin spinner wheels sitting 7 rows away fro me. He was lookin like he was ready to pull out is A.K. and bust-a-cap. (Freaky). I got myself in and out of there a quick as possible. I did have to ask where the staples were and as much as I'm a believer in America being the melting pot of the world I was not shocked when I asked a smiley face, blue polo with khaki pants wearing lady, where the staples were and she couldn't answer me because she didn't speak English. I briefly checked my GPS to make sure I hadn't crossed the border. I knew I lived close and sometimes when I drive I get in a zone not paying much attention to where I'm going...I didn't think I possibly could have driven that far before I realized I was in a different country...but alas I was still in the good ol' U S of A! Walmart needs to start issuing a disclaimer not all employees will be able to help you "save money and live better." I didn't save money cause I could never find the staples and I didn't live better cause I was irritated.

Thought #10-- Pops has turned out to be a good man. I'm glad he handles stress well.

Thought #11-- God bless America, land that I love.


On a side note,

This is what happens when you ignore a baby...

A. They slide out of the chair (good thing the chair was on the floor)

and B. They fuss themselves to sleep in the 1980's jumper.
And just because:

5 comments:

Micheline said...

I have really enjoyed reading your daily thoughts. As for thiss one - and about the prophets. I have thought a lot of those same things. It amazes me how many people I know (after hearing the prophet speak) will say..."yes, but..." Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us.

Jane said...

Thanks for all the "deep" thoughts I always love to hear them!!! You are much braver then me... I would totally not venture even close to that Wal-mart at all costs.

Tammie said...

The pictures of Crate are to cute!!!

Goodman Family said...

I love that you blog everyday. I get some good laughts! Thanks for sharing your life. Wish we lived closer.

Marykaye

April said...

The war chapters in Alma and much of Helaman, is today. The Book of Mormon was written for us TODAY, right now!!! The margins in my B. of M are full of comments and names and dates that I correlate with today. B.Obama, 2009, etc. It has been such an eye opener for me to really liken the scriputues unto myself and see how this incredible book, was totally written for you and me and all of us in our day. If our military would read and follow Captain Moroni's lead... WOW!!! Enough said. I love you, your children, husband and so enjoy reading your blog. I am honored to be your mother.