The house is clean. Again. All bathrooms are clean. All bedrooms are clean. All floors are clean. All laundry is washed and Pops and I will be folding it tonight. Kitchen is clean. Sheets are clean. This is a great feeling. I worked hard today to get it all done. Hopefully it'll last longer than 24 hours. Lets just say Boss and a very enjoyable time watching whatever movie he wanted today. And I didn't even care. I was on a mission that needed to be accomplished today.
Amongst the cleaning I made a dessert for enrichment tonight. Here's the recipe if you're interested.
Bake a cake according to directions. (Today I used a red velvet cake mix. I've also used a yellow cake mix and a strawberry one)
Once the cake is cooled completely break it up in pieces and put it in a big mixing bowl. Then continue to crumble it up with you hands. Make sure it's totally crumbled. Once this is done add 1 block of softened cream cheese. With your hands mix the cream cheese with the crumbled cake and form into one big ball. Place the big cake ball in the fridge for about an hour. (This can stay in the fridge for a day or two)
Remove cake ball from the fridge. Break off chunks and form into smaller (golf ball size) balls. Place balls on wax paper or on a plate.
Melt chocolate (your favorite kind and brand) on stove top or in microwave and dip the golf ball size balls in the chocolate and let harden on wax paper or plate. They turn out best when placed in the fridge for several hours to harden. To make them prettier I melted white chocolate after they were hardened and drizzled the white chocolate on the top of the balls.
This is something different and the best part is the steps can be done ahead of time or they can last in the fridge for several days.
I wish I had a picture to show.
I got the recipe from my sister, the same one who gave me the pizza dough recipe. She always makes good stuff.
Every time I look at Crate's thighs I can't believe they can be so chunky just from milk. I have to stop myself from digging in. Mmmmm, I could eat the kid. He's scrumptious.
Buster did so well on his spelling words tonight. I pray he gets 100% on his test tomorrow. I'm so glad he's the oldest. He's a great kid and very responsible. I really enjoy and feel privileged to be his mother.
Boss is so much fun. We always have the funniest conversations while he sitting on the toilet. For some reason he likes me to be in there and he always asks me the same questions. It goes like this:
Mom...what's your favorite color?
What's your favorite food?
Where's your favorite place to go?
What's your favorite thing to do?
What's your favorite hair color?
What's your favorite eye color?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Then I have to ask him the same questions back.
After I ask the questions I always say, "Boss, I love you" and he always replies in an irritated voice as he's rolling his eyes, "you always say that."
I hope each boy always knows how much I love them.
1 comment:
Can totally relate having to do with Crate... little boys are the best!!
What cake mix tastes the best out of those three for that recipe?
Tell Boss I love him :)
Post a Comment