Monday, April 26, 2010

If my memory serves me right I think my spelling words in first grade consisted of words like go, to, my, see...I'm amazed at Busters weekly spelling words. This week I had to write them down so I would remember. They are:

explosion
vision
amnesia
mission
session
visions
facial
special
gracious
official
social
commercial

Hello...I think those are a little much for first grade. I have to give the kid credit though he gets 100% about 98% for the time. Either he gets it when it comes to spelling or he has a great memory. Did I mention I'm looking forward to summer?

I made homemade pizza again tonight. Yum. I made a pesto sauce for one of the pizza's and topped it with fresh tomatoes and deli mozzarella cheese. I think that is my new favorite pizza. I should have taken a picture. I also think I must workout double tomorrow for how much I enjoyed it tonight.

Here's the recipe for the homemade pizza dough.
2 cups warm water
2 over filled teaspoons of yeast
1/2 cup sugar
Let the above ingredients sit for 1/2 hour.
Then add:
5-6 cups flour
1/2 cup oil
and a pinch of salt
Mix altogether for 10-15 minutes
Cover and let it rise in the mixing bowl for 1 hour.
Split dough in 1/2 (I always get about 4 pans worth of dough so I split it in 4ths)
Roll out to desired thickness (I've found the thinner the better)
Put rolled dough on pan and let rise on pan for at least 1 hour.
Top with desired sauce and toppings and bake at 350 for 20-25 mins for a silver pan or 25-30 for a pizza stone.

This is a fun thing to make with kids. My boys like to add their own toppings by themselves.

Crate actually ate about 8 bites of rice cereal tonight and didn't gag it up. We're making progress. I tried a bottle again of formula but he wouldn't have anything to do with that.

It cracks me up when Pops puts on a bright orange suns shirt to watch the suns game here at home. He must feel some major Suns spirit!

2 comments:

Amberly said...

the pesto pizza sounds perfectly divine. thanks for the dough recipe!

April said...

Yes... thanks for the pizza dough recipe and the wonderful B.day party last night. You are the best. I will have to try the recipe out on the Colliers while I am there. Yea for Crate he is coming along.