You know your life is good when your big decision for the day is whether to take a nap or read a book. Crate was napping and I couldn't decided what to do...so I did both. I finished a book then fell asleep on the couch. Not to shabby for a peaceful Sunday afternoon.
The boys are gone and while I admit it's been a nice break...no one to fix dinner for but myself, only Crates schedule to be on, no messes to clean up... I wouldn't change my life. I enjoy the business and chaos from the people I love.
Today I watched Crate sleep. I marveled at the miracle he and every other baby is. There is a God above. Nothing of "chance" could create this human phenomenon. He is a beautiful baby, sweet and scrumptious. He always wears a smile on his face.
This afternoon as I was watering the plants, I first went outside to the flowers on the back patio. They are shaded during most of the day, and really protected during the hot afternoon sun. The weather felt enjoyable and the plants are thriving. Then I went out front. Different story. The same sun that gives the plants out back life, gives life to these plants out front but they are being burned alive. They have no shade to protect them from the harshness of the suns rays during these hot days. I couldn't help but to think of the Holy Ghost. The world is harsh all around us, our trials are harsh, the media is harsh, there are so many things that can drive us away from the spirit of Jesus Christ. But the Holy Ghost can act like the "shade" on the back patio and if we place ourselves under the spirit we will be protected and even thrive while the heat of the world is all around us. The Holy Ghost can always be with us and speak to us as long as our choices are ones that will always keep us shaded from the attacks of the Adversary.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for our enjoyment on this Earth. Like Sis. Beck said in General Conference from the words of Winston Churchill (I think) "Never, never, never give up."
1 comment:
What a great post:-) Thank you!
Post a Comment