Friday, July 23, 2010

I try to not always post about my kids...I know that gets old. But in reality that is my life at the moment.

So here goes my thoughts on Crate:
Crate the Great. He really is great. I love this boy as I love my other two boys. He's sweet, easy to have around, content and happy 98% of the time. He gets excited to see his mom and pops and especially his brothers. He just seems like he has a really good disposition about him. I'm really thankful he choose to be apart of our family.



In other news I'm playing my viola in front of people tonight for the first time in about 14 years. I'm playing with a small string group for the Stake Patriotic Festival. Now that I've pulled it out and started playing it again over the last couple of weeks, I'm really enjoying it. Almost enough to start practicing regularly. I really should fit some practice time into my schedule a few times a week. Maybe I can get around to doing that.

Attended the graveside service for Heidi's baby. It was perfect. Words would not be sufficient to describe my thoughts. I felt I saw Heidi in a whole new light. I feel sorrow for her loss but grateful she has the gospel. All leave it at that.

My new favorite microwave popcorn is Orville Redenbacher's "Natural, simply salted" It's de-lish.

Got an email about round trip tickets to Hawaii...my mind went into daydream mode. Ahhh, I can almost smell the fresh gardenias now. That would be a fun trip.

Set a new goal for myself, I have 2.5 months, so far so good. (You know what I'm saying, Jane.)

Well, that's the life in a nutshell. Happiness is a choice. I'm trying to teach this to my seven year old.