Thursday, July 15, 2010

Last day of swim team. The sad part of it is that it seem to signify that summer is coming to a close and I'm still not ready for that.

I've changed up some things in the boys diet and I really think that the changes along with adequate sleep have helped them control their emotions and think clearly. I'll continue to become more strict on their intake.

Pops got home in time tonight to do a Costco shopping trip with us. I was thankful to not have to load all the groceries in the car by myself. Actually, I kind of stood there and watched him do it all. I felt a little out-of-it tonight.

Boss and Buster each got to have a friend over this afternoon. For having 5 boys here it was pretty quiet. They all played Lego's together and built some pretty cool things.

The neighbor came over again with a bag full of clothes, shoes and books. Gotta love the neighbor that has one boy and will have no more and buys all name brand stuff, half of which never gets wore and passes it along to me to use for my three boys. She is so kind and it's great having her near. I'm thinking of making chocolate dipped strawberries to say thank you. In the bag were two pairs of new Nike tennis shoes, just in time for Buster to wear to school as his new school shoes.

I realized I have only three tall drinking glasses left. Out of twelve nine have some how broken over the years. It's time to get new ones so when people come over at least all the glasses can match. Every time I go to get a drink the cupboard only has sippy cups in it and I passed that stage a few months ago.

It's amazing what calling the insurance man and telling him you're leaving after 11 years can get you. Today it got me double the insurance coverage and a lower payment by $63 per month. That was worth the 22 minutes on the phone with him. I'm racking my brain to figure out who else I can call...