Saturday, July 10, 2010

This is my 403rd blog post. That is a lot.

So Spouse threw my a surprise birthday party last night. (The day after my birthday). I didn't have the slightest clue about it. We had a family party Thursday night and I was more than happy with that but Pops went out of his way to throw another one! He blind folded me and drove me to Amazing Jakes. I felt like an idiot walking into this place with a scarf over my eyes. Not to mention I had to where it while he was driving so by the time we got there I felt nauseous from the drive. Then he was walking really fast into the place and I was trying to keep up but keep my balance at the same time. Anyhow we walked in and he led me to the very back where he reserved a room, he takes off the blind fold and SURPRISE...a whole bunch of friends are there wearing party hats and blowing horns. I was shocked! He pulled it off and I had no idea! We ate, played games, ate cake, opened presents and then played the "real games" in Amazing Jakes. I had a blast and Pops was totally in his element playing the laser tag with the big group. It was another awesome par-tay and I was so glad everyone was able to come and hang out with us. And a big thanks to Marmie/Aunt Jennifer/Uncle Casey for keeping Buster and Boss! I missed them but enjoyed a moment of two less children. I'm am sure glad to have them back though and so is Crate. He was so excited to see them!

Tomorrow I teach YW's. Pops won't be around so hopefully Crate will sleep during the third hour and I can pass him off to someone. This lesson is really good. It's about strengthening your testimony through obedience. A good reminder that much of the time, previous to a testimony gaining experience, obedience needs to be in play. Strict obedience. Not just keeping some of the commandments but all of them. Also the lesson talks about the cycle of a testimony and how even though one may have a testimony now, unless they nourish it, they may not always have it. It's something that has to be a constant focus, always striving to strengthen it. I hope the girls can get the message about the importance of this subject. I even made a semi-crafty handout. Not exactly my cup of tea but I hope it'll be a good reminder of this lesson. Now if I could get some of them to do personal progress on their own during the month we'd be set! Also, those silly YW and their other leaders heat-attacked our house Wednesday night so when I woke up on my birthday our front yard and windows were covered with hearts and all sorts of fun messages. They also did sidewalk chalk on the drive way and wrote fun stuff...one message even said "you look like a monkey and you smell like on too." I think I have a pretty good idea which YW wrote that. I'll get her back though. I took pictures but can't locate the camera right now...shocker.

I keeping thinking I need to post about our recent trip to San Diego and post the pictures before I forget about the wonderful time. Hopefully tomorrow.

This week we're gonna work on somethings with Buster and Boss. Hopefully it'll make every one's lives and emotions better. I'm also switching up their diets to see the effects. I feel like this might be a big undertaking. But it'll be worth it in the end and save us from insanity.

In other news, I passed my a yard sale today and picked up a perfect size desk for the boys with a matching chair for really cheap. It's in great shape, just painted an ugly green color so I'm gonna sand it and repaint it and set up a little "school" area for Buster to do his homework at. I figured he could use the drawers to keep all his "priceless collectibles" he always seems to find. Pops hasn't seen it yet...I can hear his comments now... Something like, "Seriously J.L.? Is that necessary? When are you going to get around to painting that?..." He'll soon he it was a GREAT buy!