Monday, July 19, 2010

Tonight we said goodbye to Uncle Casey before he heads up north to attend school and probably party like it's 1999...remember the song? Anyhow, when the cousins get together they play really well together but they sure are loud. And I mean LOUD. And it was only two families worth of cousins. Yikes.

I must be a really simple person because simple things make me really happy. Simple things like coming home and seeing the family room rug vacuumed. I did it before we left today and I really like coming home to it. I had clean counter tops too so that never hurts.

Marmie gave me 12 new cups tonight, kid friendly cups. They will come in handy. Thanks Marmie.

One of these days I'd really like to learn how to use my itouch I got for my birthday. I know it can do a lot of really cool things but I can't seem to find a moment without children that I can play around on it. Every time I pull it out they seem to be right there wanting to learn to use it too. And by the time they are off to bed, I'm to tired to try to figure it out. We must get back on the school bed time schedule.

I was told by someone that I know now that before they got to know me they thought I was stuck up...but then they said they felt really stupid because now that they know me the just realize I'm more reserved/shy. I wonder if anyone else thinks that? It kind of made me laugh...I hope to remember to not judge a book by it's cover. And maybe I need to work on coming out of my shell a little more. Heck, I hope I'm not perceived as being stuck up...I'm pretty much intimidated by 98% of the people I know...I don't think I'm any better than them. I've come to realize WE ALL have our faults, weaknesses or sins. We're all striving to become better...non of us is perfect. Thankfully, the Lord has many patience with us.

I still need to post about the Cali va-cay before I forget.