Not sure if this post should read
Motherhood: A Journey through Paradise
or
Motherhood: A Long Walk in Hell.
Don't worry, I'm not using the word in a swearing way...I'm simply naming a place.
Some choose to work out of the house and be a mother while other choose to work inside the house and be a mother. Either way it's work.
There have been times in my life where I have dropped off the child at a sitters house and worked for 8 hour shifts and there have been times other mothers have dropped their children off at my house for some shift work. I've been on both sides of a working mother and a stay at home mother. Like I said either way it is hard.
Some of the things I enjoyed about working outside of the home was the interaction with others, the compliments, the paycheck, the sick days, the paid vacation, the appreciation. These are just a few. I also noticed that many people (mainly working women) would praise you for your choice to work and be a mother. Almost to say you were above or better or smarter than stay at home mothers.
Like I said which ever side you choose it's still hard work.
Now I'm a full time stay at home mother and I sometimes work from home too. It's really hard work. No paychecks, no compliments, no sick days, no paid vacation and NO APPRECIATION. Sometimes I even hear words like "You're Mean" or "I don't like you" and those phrases are said after I've devoted my heart and soul to them. It's like spending all day at work and having your boss say "You're the worst employee ever" I can't say I would stick around at a job like that for too long. But this job (motherhood) would be really hard to get out of. I'm kind of in it for life...actually eternity. Holy Cow, eternity is a L.O.N.G. time!
Anyhow, the bottom line is this:
Even though I choose to stay at home please don't think I'm sitting around on my rear watching TV all day. I'm not.
Please have respect for the decision I made, this is what I feel is best for my family.
Please remember I'm not rollin' in it. We live off of one income and that is not easy in and of itself. There are sacrifices that are made.
Please remember this is my contribution to the world: Raising three stable boys who will grow up and understand their roll as a man. Men who will support their families, no matter how hard it will be. Men who will understand the concept of work. Men who will understand the concept of their roll in a marriage and men who will be good fathers and set the example for their children to follow. I'm trying to raise a stable generation who will in turn raise another generation of stable human beings.
This task is not easy.
I'm thankful to have the choice to stay at home. I pray this will always be a choice. And I hope the women of the world will support each other no matter their circumstances. It really does take a village to raise a child. By staying at home I'm not "taking the easy way out." It is not an easy job. I hope you will respect my decision as I respect yours.
Motherhood: A __________________________________.
To my posterity. I will do my best to be in a position to help in the "village" and raise your children. To offer my time so that you can keep your sanity. 'Cause I think I'm loosing mine.