Friday, July 16, 2010

Life...not a bad place to be in.

I know I've said this before but it's true...Crate is seriously the best baby ever. Easy going, happy and most always content. I can't help but to just look at him and smile. Then I get over taken by some strange desire to eat him and I pick him up and munch away. This happens many, many times through out the day. I'm already saddened by the thought of not being able to do that the rest of his life.

When I woke up this morning I realized I forgot to get diapers and wipes at Costco last night. How could I forget? Hello...I use those every day. As I was headed out to go visiting teaching this morning (which by the way the boys love when I go cause that means they get to play video games with the babysitter the whole time I'm gone) Marmie called and said she was taking the cousins to Peter Piper Pizza for lunch and invited the boys to come along. I thought; "What the heck, it's summer and it's ok to skip our Friday routine for some fun." I left, returned from visiting teaching and we headed out. They had fun playing with their cousins and I had fun being lazy and just sitting there. It worked out perfect because I went to Costco, which was right across the parking lot and picked up the goods and Marmie was kind enough to keep the two oldest while I ran in. On our way home I noticed the temperature in the van read 131 degrees. HELLO, HOTNESS. I knew it was really hot but I think it may have been off a few degrees. Once home we all stripped down and hung out on the couch while I read part of our book to them. We're reading Journey to the Center of the Earth and we're getting to the exciting part, the boys are really starting to like sitting there and just listening. I hope they let their imagination run wild and remember these relaxing afternoon times.

I thought about taking the boys to the public pool but it's just to darn hot. It wasn't refreshing yesterday so I'm thinking it won't be refreshing today.

I reflected on my life after visiting teaching. Once again, I choose this path and even though at times it's tough, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It really is where true happiness lies. I've got a great husband and amazing boys, the gospel, a roof over my head and food anytime I want (which is sometimes a little to often) I really must always remember all this, I couldn't ask for more. I would never want to trade spots with Pops...he's got it way harder than I do. He's a good man for the burdens he carries. I'm not saying every aspect of my life is perfect, heck, some parts are far from it, but non-the-less I'm really blessed and I must remember "life is to be enjoyed not endured." I'm willing to find the joyful parts all around me and focus on those.

Little Chubs is at my feet and is only wearing a diaper... oh the insanity... I can't hold off any longer... now I must go munch!