Saturday, March 27, 2010

Awww...Saturday's. I love Saturdays. No school schedule, no early morning breakfast. No guilt if cold cereal is eaten. Saturday's are usually good days. I wish they came around more often than once a week. I think every other day would be a good time frame to have Saturday's. I can't wait until summer is here and school is out.

I slept in until 6:50am and finally talked myself into getting out of bed. Started my workout and finished it all before Crate woke up. The boys begged for breakfast, ok, mostly Boss begged, during the last 30 minutes but I was determined to not push pause. I knew once I stopped to help them I wouldn't go back to the workout. But Pops saved the day, he got home from basketball just in time to prevent an early morning meltdown because of empty stomachs. He even fixed eggs and muffins for the boys. We were out of milk for the third day in a row. The boys are already very excited to eat cold cereal tomorrow. Pops bought some tonight, I told him to buy non-sugar cereal. He came home with Lucky Charms. Go Figure.

As I was getting ready this morning and having the boys pick up their room I realized their room stinks. It smells like boy. Boy___________ I'm not sure what word to use to fill in the blank. I can't seem to put my finger on what it is that makes the stench. Sadly, I'm afraid my entire house smells like boy and I don't even realize it. I've got to remember to get some air freshener for their bedroom.

This afternoon we invited all the YW and their mothers over for appetizers before we headed to the General YW Broadcast. Their were some good eats. Sadly not many girls but again, the food was de-lish. More sadly though, the girls missed out on an amazing broadcast. Wow! It will be possible to raise virtuous children despite what the world might teach. And I myself need to be a more virtuous woman. More courageous. And stand up for what I believe in. The messages were awesome. Check it out here. Never, Never, Never give up!

On another note:

Every mother needs on of these every so often:
An eight in a half year old girl who is kind, helpful and loves children, especially babies.


Chloe and Captin spent the night a few days ago while they were on spring break. I've decided I am going to hire her for a week in the summer. She held Crate, played with the kids, didn't fight, offered to do anything and everything, help make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Encouraged outside play, picked up the toys, babysat all the kids even Crate while I attended a PTA meeting and was just plain old pleasant to have around.

And I'm sure that since I'm not her mother, I didn't have any attitude, tears or complaining. She was on her best behavior. I threw a few dollars her way before I dropped her off and you would've thought I told her she just won the lottery. I was so happy to have her here. She was such a help!!! And the best part was that I never had to tell her to do anything, she would just see what needed to be done and do it. It made me realize how differently males and females think even from the beginning. My boys are blind when it comes to doing what needs to be done without me asking. It's like they're not wired that way, but that's alright I love them anyway.

Pops went to the grocery store for me tonight. I gave him a specific list. I'm kind of scared to see what his idea of "fresh produce" looks like. Let's just say I do 99.9% of the grocery shopping around here. I was surprised I didn't have to give him directions of how to get to the nearest grocery store. We've made a lot of progress over the years. He enjoys helping out in many ways but groceries is not one of his favorites.

Now I'm falling asleep while typing...time for bed.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I call it boy debris...it seems to cover everything. And my kids smell like boys too!

felicia said...

glad it's not just my home....i feel like i'm constantly trying out different scentsy stuff/body shop stuff to mask the "boy" that has taken over! i love reading your blog....i can so relate in so many ways:)