Today I had the opportunity to do some service. I was thankful they asked. I felt needed and I appreciated that. While doing the service I myself was served, by my own mother. Again, I was thankful because if she wasn't here I couldn't have served. Then tonight we did a small service project as a family for FHE. I'm sure it did more good for us than it did for the people being served. But that's the way it usually happens. So today it was like one big circle of service.
Sometimes I wonder how much I should blog about. This is my journal so I feel I should be honest with my feelings but on the other hand most peoples journals aren't let open for everyone to read.
So, is it a matter of letting my pride down and spilling the beans on whatever issue I want to talk about? Or are some things better left unknown. I'm still toiling with that one.
There is one thing I have learned. Nobody is perfect, me included, obviously. Everyone has issues, fears, concerns, judgements, pride, weaknesses and strengths. All-in-all most of us experience the same emotions in this life but through different ways. Why don't we share? Can't there be something learned from each other if we did share our thoughts?
I guess I hope I'm not judged for the things I share in my journal. And I would hope if someone let me into their private journal I hope I wouldn't judge them or the things they choose to write. For it is just that...their private thoughts and they are entitled to them just as I'm entitled to mine. And this is for my children. And I want them to know the real me. Inside and out.
Posterity...I've got a long way to go to learn the ways of God but I'm really trying. Please bear with me!
I can hear the bed mites calling my name to come dream with them tonight. Hmmm...there's a nice thought, sleeping with bed mites.