Monday, March 8, 2010

I can't remember the last time it was rainy during spring break. As much as I love a rainy day I do miss the sun. I thought this week could be our first week on the splash pad out back but maybe not. That's ok I know the heat will come soon enough.

We left before the crack of dawn to get to the airport and made it safely. It literally rained the ENTIRE way home. Sometimes it was just a sprinkle but other times it was a complete down poor. It will be nice to be in our own beds. We will miss Aunt Jeaniece's though. Dustin was so thoughtful and loaded the van for me this morning. And with two bikes, a jogging stroller and bags there was plenty to load. He saved me a good 15-20 minutes and I appreciate it very much. They are probably the two most thoughtful people I know.

I'm hoping to do something "fun" everyday this week with the boys. I think we'll hit downtown Phoenix tomorrow. For some reason they love driving through it so I thought we'd go down there, park and walk around until they get bored. Maybe we can find a park or something to hang out at. They think it's like New York City...obviously they've never been to New York. But it should be fun nonetheless.

It's nice to be home and I'm already unpacked and so is Pops. That never happens. I swear for some reason whenever we go somewhere it takes me like 5 days to unpack and put away the suitcases. Pathetic I know. Speaking of thoughtfulness, when I was unpacking I found a box of chocolates and a thank you card from Dustin and Jeaniece for us coming to stay. Crazy, considering I'm the one that's supposed to give the thank you card to them for letting us stay. They are very thoughtful!

I'm hoping to go for a short run in this beautiful rain this afternoon. I'll try to convince the boys to ride their bikes with me. Boss will love getting wet in the rain. Buster, I'll have to do a lot of convincing. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun having all four of you. We really did have a great time! You all are so easy to have around. I will see you soon... probably this weekend.

Give Crate a big kiss from me...he is so cute!

Erin said...

I agree I miss the SUN! Its too cold for "spring breal" My sister called me from Florida and told me about her sunburn from lying on the beach! NO FAIR!