Saturday, March 6, 2010

Everyone is in bed but for some reason I can't sleep. So I read blogs. Blogs from people far away. People I don't even know. People I would like to know. People who are going through some really hard stuff. Over and over again I was reminded of my blessings. Along with blessings of the gospel, a home, food, work, America, family, siblings, education, books, health, my greatest blessings are right at my side.

Blessing 1. Pops
Blessing 2. Buster
Blessing 3. Boss
Blessing 4. Crate

Sometimes 3 of the four blessings are ALWAYS, literally, RIGHT AT MY SIDE. Sometimes I want to walk outside and sit where it's peaceful and quiet. Sometimes I want to wake up each morning and have a good reason to do my hair and put on make up. Sometimes I think about bringing home a paycheck and then go out for a pedicure to reward myself for my hard days at work. Sometimes I think about taking off for a vacation alone.

But really. I really don't want all of that. All I want is blessings 1, 2, 3 & 4. No one can replace their mother, who is me. No one loves my boys like I do. No money is worth it. No vacation could replace them. They should be worth me putting on make up and doing my hair every single day. They are my career. Their hugs are my paycheck. It's ok if my toes are nasty, pedicures will come one day. (Maybe with my daughter-in-laws!)

They are sent to me by Heavenly Father and I must be my best for them. I must have patience. I must give them my full attention. I must play with them. Teach them. Love them and act like I love them. I must be on my best behavior for them. Not for everyone else except them. They must get my energy first. Not the house, not the neighbors, not the other children, not the calling, not the...my energy must and will start coming to them first then what's left will be whittled down to the other demands in life.

They're alive and well and healthy and happy. I will cherish this moment, for I don't know how long it'll last. But I pray it'll last my lifetime. That I may always have these four blessings be alive, well, healthy and happy.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

very well said. thanks for this one.

Jane said...

So so true, thanks for putting what matters into perspective!