Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tonight right after mutual, as I was adjusting the living room couch and moving the coffee table I some how pulled the coffee table over my foot and literally feel to the ground. It still is throbbing. Pops was so kind to get me a back of ice before he left for his precious ritual. Shocker. If it's broke he's never gonna hear the end. If it's not, I hope plays well tonight. I really hope I'll go to bed and it'll be fine in the morning. I can't wiggle my toes right now.

The last few days I've been reading this short book by Emily Watts. There are some good parts in it and in one chapter she talks about realizing unexpected blessings. She poses the question of "What blessings are you missing out on because you're not changing your routine." Obviously she states it much better than I do and there is a story behind this question but it dawned on me that one thing I really want is to really understand the scriptures. So this year I have been reading every day. Reading is good but I need to not only read, but study and ponder. And then I will get more out of it. Because right now the level of understanding I am getting from the scriptures is the same level I'm putting into it. Then tonight the thought was reiterated to me when I read this quote during mutual:


I testify that when we do all we can to accomplish the work that is before us, the Lord will make available to us the sacred key needed to unlock the treasure which we so much seek.

-President Thomas S. Monson

The treasure I seek currently is a greater understanding of the scriptures. Am I doing all I can to accomplish this work? Another treasure I seek is being a successful mother. Or a mother that raises successful fathers...and not just successful in the monetary sense. Am I doing all I can to accomplish this work?

Posterity...What work are you wanting to accomplish? Are you doing all you can? Remember the above promise. It's powerful.

Mutual was good tonight. It was a personal progress night and we learned about family history. We had five computers going and each girl was logged on to new.familysearch.org learning about her ancestors and creating her own account. Modern technology is simply amazing.

Today Buster didn't go to school because the cousins were on spring break and invited us to the science center. So we went and had a great time. The best part is that it was all free! Thank goodness for people that are willing to share their year pass! The boys LOVED climbing the rock wall.
Buster did amazing, he got up and down so fast. His upper body strength is incredible.
He wasn't even scared to go to the top.

Boston did great going up but coming down was a different story. He didn't get putting his feet against the wall and leaning back so it took him a solid 15 minutes to come down. He was so proud of himself and that's all that matters. Here he is getting ready...
and he made it almost all the way to the top!
Some of the cousins together.

Fun day...I can't wait until summer when there is no school schedule!!!

In other news... I make this bread quite often. I got the recipe several months ago from her blog. (Thanks for always sharing A.) Sunday it turned out amazing. So amazing I had to take a picture...the loaf was huge!
Here are some pictures from this past Saturday. I meant to post them that day but it didn't happen.

In the winter the splash pad doubles as a basketball court...hours of entertainment.
My self portrait.

The results of my hour of bliss.

Crate-the great in his happy place.
Awww...Cannibalism in the making.
Trying to get Boss to cooperate so I can take a picture. I know Boss, it's painful isn't it.
This is the awesome car ramp Buster built for his cars and trucks.

I just found a whole bunch of pictures from a few weeks ago when Uncle Trent was here saying his goodbyes before he headed off to war. Literally. There's a scary thought. The boys think he's the coolest because he's a real army man. They can't wait to hear his stories when he comes home. They always remember him in their prayers. It's amazing to think he's only 18 and is half a world away.
I must not have another 12am night. Off to bed.