Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today's workout was back and biceps. Pops said he thinks it's his favorite workout. I like it alright but it's not my favorite. My biceps are still sore from it so I guess that's a good thing.

I took Boss, Crate and James to the park today and I think we all got a little too much sun. Actually, is there a thing as too much sun? I didn't think so. I just have to start remembering to put sun screen on Crate since his skin is so much more fair than the other two boys.

Boss did really good doing his school work today. I gave him 12 letters to copy and he did good at looking at them and then writing them as well as he could on his own piece of paper. We worked on staying in the lines and keeping the letters uniform. He's really good at writing his name now.

It looks like Boss got accepted into preschool at the school. I was excited...free preschool 4 days a week! Then this afternoon as I was doing dishes I had some inspiration regarding the situation and I have decided not to pursue the preschool option at this time. I don't know where the last four years went, all I do know is that they went to fast. I have the blessing of being here with him for one more short year before he heads off to kindergarten and I must do just that...be here with him. As much as I want preschool to be the right option for him, since it would be a lot easier on me I have decided to pass. It just feels right for some reason. I know this is not the right thing for everyone but for me it is the right thing. More importantly I'm grateful for personal revelation. I didn't realize I was receiving it at the time but when I retraced my thoughts I realized that's exactly what happened. Revelation at the kitchen sink. Cool.

If there was an award for the whiniest child today I'm not sure who would receive it. It would be a close race between Buster and Boss. Whine, whine, whine all day long. I finally said I did not have girls so stop sounding like one. Man alive, I'm hoping tomorrow we can return back to the boy voice.

I made sugar cookies for YW to decorate tonight. They turned out pretty darn good and Boss helped every step of the way. Lucky me. It actually wasn't that bad until he wanted to crack the egg and the proceeded to dump every single part of the cracked egg into the batter. Lovely. It took me an extra 15 minutes to pull out all the little shell pieces. But hey, we were spending some quality time together.

Buster has hard spelling words this week but is doing really well at them. He's got a memory like an elephant and can memorize them all really well and do it quickly. So far he's gotten 100% on almost all his spelling tests. It's great to see his love for learning. I hope he keeps it up.

I'm thinking about a house cleaner again...someday. It's 9:44pm and I still have three bathrooms left to clean before I head to bed. But I'd rather have bathrooms to clean than be peeing on the streets. So today I'm thankful for my dirty bathrooms cause it means we have modern comforts.

I have pictures to post from this afternoon but it's taking way to long. Maybe tomorrow.