It's never fun to wake up sick and have two sick kids and still have places to be during the day.
I kept Buster home from school because of a fever and coughing and Boss seemed to be starting to get it and I was sick too, pretty much the same thing along with a head cold. If this is the sickest I get I'm pretty darn lucky and blessed. Nothing a little rest can't take care of.
I had to go to Doug's funeral today. I saw several old friends from 22nd ward. That seems like a lifetime ago. I guess it really was. My problems back then were literally junior high problems. Now we're all married with children, careers, husbands, mortgages all that fun stuff. It makes you realize how fast times moves. Walking into that building brought back memories of primary, of the excitement I had when I turned 12 and could finally go to young women's, of attending seminary each day with a awesome teacher and fun kids, of the boys I liked and didn't like.
Then I thought of my childhood. I think it's safe to say I was blessed with a good childhood. Good memories. I'm realizing there are a lot of people who can't say they had a wonderful childhood. I hope my children can look back in 20 years and say that.
Funerals always make me think and question myself. Today these questions popped in my mind.
1. If that was me lying there today would I be ready to meet my Maker?
2. Do the people I love know I love them?
3. What would people say about me at my funeral?
4. Who would come?
5. How will the people do my hair and make up?
6. Would it be a happy time? Relatively speaking?
I thought a lot about question number 3. I hope I can live my life so there are good things to say. Happy memories. And that those who knew me where happy to know me. Maybe I can make an impact for good on somebody before I die. An impact on posterity. An impact on humanity. I hope to look back one day and have others see that my contribution to society was raising well rounded, hard working, devoted loving men.
I've got a lot of work to do.