Friday, March 19, 2010

You know it's gonna be a great day when the day starts off at 3:52am because your third child refuses to sleep any longer and thinks it's morning. You're now peeved at yourself because at 10:00pm you told yourself to go to bed but ignored the warning and stayed up until 11:57pm and now your day is supposed to start after only four short hours which were interrupted due to a feeding from child #3 at 2am. Not only does child number three refuse to sleep, he wants to be talked to and played with all while being held while your standing up. Yes, that's right he knows when you're about to sit down and he screams, literally screams. So you spend the remaining three hours of the morning standing up...

Yeah, that was the start of my day today. On the bright side I did get to watch the sunrise with Crate and it was very pretty. By 6:30am Buster and Boss woke up and the day started. A warm breakfast, getting ready for school, practicing spelling words one last time (which Buster did get another 100% on his test) and I still hadn't gone back to bed. The day gets better....Boss decides to indulge himself in the gummy vitamins while I'm changing Crate so by 7am I was on the phone with poison control. Luckily they don't contain iron and are harmless unless he had eaten the whole bottle. Why the heck then do they put on the bottle "seek medical attention immediately if dosage is over daily limit." Talk about giving a mother a heart attack.

By 8:30am I was begging Crate to go to sleep...no such luck but I couldn't function any longer. Boss got to turn on the TV and Crate played on the floor with his toys and I zonked on the couch for 30 minutes. Then Crate was ready to eat and wouldn't let me sleep any longer. Needless to say I'm headed to bed very soon and praying tonight is not a repeat of last night. I remember those days when I could sleep when I had only one child and they were sleeping...those days are long gone.

I was bound and determined not to have a cluttered house all weekend so once Buster got home I had a list of chores for the boys to take care of. They had to clean and vacuum their playroom all by themselves, clean and vacuum their bedroom, wash, dry and fold their laundry and clean all the mirrored closet doors throughout the house. Their reward was a family movie night tonight if they got it all done and their punishment for whining about it was push ups. It took them two solid hours and about 50 push ups but they got it done and we rented planet 51 and watched it as a family.

The laundry, vacuuming and mirrors look like a six and four year old did it but at least they are learning responsibility and that working together as a family is much better than doing it by yourself. And it'll be nice to wake up to a clean, clutter free home tomorrow.

Now I'm really going to bed and hopefully sleeping for a solid eight hours.

Munching on these cheeks is worth a few missed hours of sleep.